Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pay it forward - Parking Tickets

• 11-08-2005 3:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭

Not parking fines - parking tickets

If there is any time left on my ticket I always give it so someone that is just parking (when im leaving) Today someone gave me there's - Great :)

So when i was leaving there was still 1/2 hour left on the ticket but nobody pulling in.
    Rather than discarding it i used it's sticky back tearoff to stick it to the metre - just a bit so it could be taken off again.
    Hopefully the next person will take it.

Of course i was parked next to the meter but it could work on a limited basis.
    Some people will have to buy - but wouldn't it make your day if there is one stuck on a meter the next time you have to park for 5 mins and only have a 2 euro coin :)

Maybe we can start something :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Same thing with daily or weekly bus tickets - anytime I'm getting off the bus at my last destination, I give the ticket to someone getting on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Zaph0d

transport companies try to stop you doing this by making out that they don't sell you the ticket - the ticket remains their property. Some countries encourage transferable tickets because it gets more people using public transport. I doubt it costs the bus company much if it allows monthly tickets to be transferable. How often would you have an opportunity to lend it?

The luas smart cards are transferable I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

I've done that myself with the parking ticket. Amazing to see the look on people's faces as I say "there's half an hour left on that... see ya."

I like the sticking the ticket to the meter idea. Very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Yeah, do this myself and have had it done for me a couple of times as well. Nice to see that there are people out there still capable of random acts of kindness isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Sleepy wrote:
    Yeah, do this myself and have had it done for me a couple of times as well. Nice to see that there are people out there still capable of random acts of kindness isn't it?

To say -'it restores my faith in humans'
    would be putting it lightly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

i've done it couple times myself...
    People get such a shock!

tis a nice thing to do!!

Advertisement