Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT offices

Options
  • 11-08-2005 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭

Been trying to get in contact with the VRT offices in Dublin (both the one in Tallaght and the one in Santry) and neither of them are picking up the phone, after letting it ring for 20 mins, and the other telling me they are closed between 12:45 and 14:00 even though it's 15:55...

http://www.revenue.ie/cont_main.htm#dublin

Any ideas, I called revenues main number but they we're any help...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

If you are trying to calculate VRT there is a link for it on the front page of www.revenue.ie

Other than that did you actually have a question, or just need to moan at someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

I've got the VRT quote alright, just had a query re VAT... the vehicle is < 6 months old, so I have to pay VAT here, but do I have to pay VAT there too? According to the dealer he'll be looking for the VAT...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

[let me be the first to insert the token anti VRT post, ahh there is is, ok continue with thread]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

colm_c wrote:
    I've got the VRT quote alright, just had a query re VAT... the vehicle is < 6 months old, so I have to pay VAT here, but do I have to pay VAT there too? According to the dealer he'll be looking for the VAT...

If importing from an European Economic Area state VAT is payable in either the country of purchase or country of import (usually purchase), but not both.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

The VRO doesn't collect the VAT either way, the Revenue Commissioners do.

Don't waste your time trying to ring the VRO in Santry, they NEVER answer the phone (based on my experience with them, anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

There's one in Dun Laoghaire as well...tends to be quieter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

i just imported a vehicle and used the Santry office.

For a start, they NEVER answered the phone. I ended up ringing another Dublin office.

When I was there, there was a SERIOUS amount of breaks, usually smoking breaks. There are 3 desks there. Process:

customer is called
    customer shows documentation
    VRT staff tap tap tap on comuter and say they need info from Rosslare.. it'll be 15 mins
    customer sits back down
    VRT staff take 15 min break instead of bringing another customer UP

I got caught on that. Then when VRT staff decided to come back to work they told me that the guy in Rosslare was on his break! It took me 1.5 hours to get one piece of info from them!

Then I had to pay them some money and the sign said they accepted LASER. What is doesn't say is that their machine doesn't accept LASER cards with the chip-n-[in on them!

Advertisement