Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone want to recommend me a new bike ?

Options
  • 11-08-2005 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

I'm 21 now and have gotten back into cycling since i started college. Takes about 20-30 mins on the bike from Carpenterstown to Ballyfermot. My only qualm is that im on a 8 year old raleigh max whois chain likes to fall off at opportune times, resulting in three crashes this year.
    Anyway I am looking to spend up to 500 euros and it has to be a mountain bike
    Any ideas ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dub_Guitarist

call J.H.I Ltd in Finglas for price he builds bikes to ur budget and also complete bikes aswell he's my old man and no im not here to drum up business he frankly doesnt need it he's one of irelands leading bike shops

01-8342170

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

call J.H.I Ltd in Finglas for price he builds bikes to ur budget and also complete bikes aswell he's my old man and no im not here to drum up business he frankly doesnt need it he's one of irelands leading bike shops

01-8342170

no he is not. F*ck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

RasTa wrote:
    Anyway I am looking to spend up to 500 euros and it has to be a mountain bike
    Any ideas ?

Specialized Hardrock

http://www.cycleways.com/store/store.asp?action=show_product&prodcode=23007

Nice bikes, and at an OK price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

uberwolf wrote:
    no he is not. F*ck off.

:D:D:D Tactful moderation there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Why does it have to be a mountain bike?

the Specialized Hardrock is a good choice though

http://www.mcconveycycles.com/products.php?plid=m1b0s2p0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭GP

are you using the bike just to go to Colege ?

If so, maybe you could just give the old bike a check up. Chains falling off may just be that

a) it has never been changed and is worn out.
    b) gears need to be set
    c) gear cables worn
    d) cluster may be worn
    e) front gear rings are knackered.

then again nothing like a new bike to get you going again if you're deciding to use it for more than just going to college and back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭GP

01-8342170

why does one of Ireland's leading bike shops not take advanatge of the extra business generated via the net and have a website??

Advertisement