Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Chocolate

• 11-08-2005 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭

Anyone know where you can get dark chocolate with cocoa content of 70% upwards?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I like Green & Black organic dark chocolate. Available in most health food shops.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

there is a fantastic selection of yummy chocolate up to 70% in lidl and it's nice and cheap. I think there may even be an 85% one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Retr0gamer wrote:
    there is a fantastic selection of yummy chocolate up to 70% in lidl and it's nice and cheap.

I, my girlfriend, and her mother have become to addicted to that stuff....its so cheap, yet so amazingly good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 srhand

I agree about Lidl's Chocolate. Also excellent for cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

superquinn do a large cadburys Bourneville Chocolate bar, 76% cocoa
    but tastes milder
    very nice bar

about 1.49

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Talliesin wrote:
    I like Green & Black organic dark chocolate. Available in most health food shops.

I can second that, green & black is amazingly good, especially the orange one yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭annR

I've seen Vahlrona chocolate at the market in Temple House Square, haven't tried it though. The Lidl stuff is nice but doesn't quite do it for me, I usually buy any of the fair trade brands from Oxfam.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

YUM!!! Dark mmmmm. Green and blacks or else try Tesco dark chocolate, yum!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

What's so special about 70% cocoa choccy? Is it extra chocloattey? And is that how you spell chocolattey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sterculelum

G&B really is the king. The nutty one, the orangey one, etc. So good. Bitter as well.

I used to eat Bourneville yrs ago. Once you switch tho, you won't go back. I tried it recently, tasted like it was half sugar. Couldn't eat it. G&B make great dark Hot Choc too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 DaisyDuke

Green and Blacks is the most amazing stuff on the planet. Valhrona is fab too, but rather expensive if you're planning on using a lot of it in cooking/baking. They don't rely so much on massive sugar content either, so work perfectly for baking, melting, or just plain stuffing your face :)

There's a place off Paul St in Cork that does 99% chocolate as well. I've used some of that combined with some 80% to make the best brownies on the face of the planet. Ignore their cabinet of truffles though - they tend to taste stale and musty as are left out in the air too damn long.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Another vote for Lidl. Like the 60% stuff for a choc-fest, and the 70% stuff if I'm going to be a bit more dignified and just have a few squares. :D

Advertisement