Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Integra.

Options
  • 11-08-2005 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to Buy a 94 Honda Integra 1.6 there going for 2-3k Anyone has bad/good experiences on them? Only think is holding me off is my Insurance will take abit of a hike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is it the 3dr coupe or the horrible 4dr version. I assume the 1.6 version is not a Type-R so I think insurance should be ok but it depends on your circumstances.
    Like most Hondas they last for ever and even a 12 year old one will still have plenty of go in it. I would avoid the knackered modified ones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭JB123

I had one for 2 years a 1.6 Dual Carb great car.Just make sure the radiator has been changed.They tend to go on the top so its easy to check.Try to get a ZXi (injection model) they are a bit quicker and use less fuel.The only other thing I can think of is the timing belt will probably need doing.Good luck and take your time looking there are plenty about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

No its the 3 Door type they can be picked up for about 2500+ which is good for a sporty car as i hate civics and i just like the look of the Integra no plans in doing it up boy racer style.
    bazz26 wrote:
    Is it the 3dr coupe or the horrible 4dr version. I assume the 1.6 version is not a Type-R so I think insurance should be ok but it depends on your circumstances.
    Like most Hondas they last for ever and even a 12 year old one will still have plenty of go in it. I would avoid the knackered modified ones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭wailers_irl

Was thinkin bout getting an integra myself, pretty good looking one in this weeks autotrader 1.6, wine, 17's usual extras, I'm 24 with 3years no claim.......my company quinn direct said they wouldnt insure me till i'm 25 abit strange considering i'm driving a 1.6 carisma at the moment and they previously gave me a quote on a bmw 316 coupe!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

there a great car, i've had one for over a year, and no probs with it at all. Insurance was not bad at all, it was my first car, and cost me the same insurance-wise as a 1.4 would have really.

• Advertisement

Ya Quinn wudnt quote me till i'm 25 Either i'm only 20, Got a Quote Off Tesco of 1500 which isent bad, Hiberinian is about 2k Waiting for a quote off Britton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Lovely cars, i know a guy who just sold a 93 integra with 244k on the clock for 6 grand! It was in absolutely mint condition

I wouldnt be parting with my 6 Grand for a 93 with 244k anyway.
    BrynW wrote:
    Lovely cars, i know a guy who just sold a 93 integra with 244k on the clock for 6 grand! It was in absolutely mint condition

Advertisement