Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD or TCD?

• 11-08-2005 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

I will try again since some of the dumb ones here screwed up my other thread(in the UCD forum). I was a bit stupid too. Should have explained my intentions behind asking which of UCD and TCD is best.

What I need to know is:
    - which offers the most motivating, engaging teaching
    - which has the most interesting, passionate(a highly influencing factor) lecturers
    - which university provides the most stimulating place for learning
    - which university takes its students most seriously
    - which university takes care of its students(how good are the tutors, what about personal help etc)

If there is anything else you could think of, please include that too! I want to childish 'Yes, it is - No, it isn't'-fight. Serious, informative replies appreciated.

Note: decided to post this in TCD too to get as much attention as possible. ;) Hope the mods don't mind.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Gwyllin wrote:
    - which offers the most motivating, engaging teaching
    Impossible to say, we goto tcd, so wouldn't know how engaging the teaching is, and tis college afterall , calling any lecture engaging might be going too far...
    - which has the most interesting, passionate(a highly influencing factor) lecturers
    There is no way to generalise that, there would be some of both in both colleges naturally
    - which university provides the most stimulating place for learning
    wtf? , stimulating isn't the word i'd use, its 3rd level, ye gotta stimulate yourself , lecturers don't do it...
    - which university takes its students most seriously
    Every college will take them seriously to an extent, and it also varies massively in both colleges depending on what course your doing. e.g. small dept means you've better chance of getting your lecturers to do something for ya imo
    - which university takes care of its students(how good are the tutors, what about personal help etc)
    See second point, going to be good and bad tutor type things in both places. All ug students in tcd have a tutor, tho that don't mean alot. Some of them are excellent (e.g. Donal O Donavan in the maths dept) , and some are woefull(mine , some guy in the geog dept...).
    If there is anything else you could think of, please include that too! I want to childish 'Yes, it is - No, it isn't'-fight. Serious, informative replies appreciated.
    There is no definite answer to anything like this, just choose the college based on what course you like the look of, anything else is irrelvent in the long run imo.
    Note: decided to post this in TCD too to get as much attention as possible. ;) Hope the mods don't mind.
    Well actually i do, search back ,there is oodles of these threads, so i'm locking this now.PM me if you wish to object.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement