Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

996 on ebay - musr be scam

Options
  • 11-08-2005 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Check this out.
    here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

No it allows you to ensure assholes dont mess with the sale and you end up being stung for non paying bidders. As listings like that cost about £25 or something stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

But surely you can hold him to the BIN price of £6000?

I dont think the link works anyhow!!
    Its a blue green 996, with a buy it now price of £6000.
    Seller syas pre-approved bidders only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

f7_1_b.JPG

pics are taken on a dealers forecourt, if you were really interested try phoning every dealer in Lydney, Gloucestershire for some info.. looks well dodgy to me, even allowing for loads of things wrong with it, the car has to be worth ST£20k or €40k here

he who dares wins.
    do-it, do-it, MBNA would give you a full refund anyway ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Perhaps its my over active imagination but it almost looks like the car was superimposed onto the forecourt. It just doesnt look to be really part of the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Perhaps its my over active imagination but it almost looks like the car was superimposed onto the forecourt. It just doesnt look to be really part of the background.

It's a magic 996, it doesn't have any sort of shadow. Can someone explain that ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I'll agree with that statement, especially in the picture provided on this thread. Somethings definitely up with either the car and or the seller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

or click on the image I posted u numpties.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Is the number plate different in pic 4? looks very dodgy..........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

This listing (4567911432) has been removed by eBay or is no longer available. Please make sure that you've entered the item number correctly.
    If the item was removed by eBay, please consider this transaction cancelled. If anybody contacts you to complete the sale, please ignore the request. Completing the sale outside of eBay may be unsafe and will not be covered by eBay purchase protection programs.

• Advertisement

ah so it was a scam... or a misprint - on the price.

the sale is no longer available because I bought it for £6,000. Having my man in London take a look at it tomorrow (following which, I may report my credit card stolen)

Bout time ya bought a decent car...... :D , :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I bet somewhere in the spiel it said "you are buying a link" or a scale model of a porsche!

The picture posted was quite good if you look through the front windscreen you can see the back of the parked bmw...somebody spent a bit of time on it.

Hello there and thanks for your interest.
    I'm very glad that you like my car and I can only say that you have good taste about cars! I want you to know that I closed my auction earlier because someone has offered me the buy it now price, but didn't have all the money available and I cannot accept financing because time is a real issue for me. The price that I want to obtain is £6,000. I'm requesting a US £3,000 REFUNDABLE deposit prior shipping and the balance to be paid after delivery and inspection.
    The car is like new, completely working, low miles, 2000 Porsche 911 Carrera model. It has always been garage kept. It is an UK model with UK specs (RHD), still registered in UK and you will have no problem registering there. The car will be shipped via air freigth with TNT-Carrier Air Cargo from Bratislava, Slovakia and it will take no more then 5 days for the car to arrive at the delivery location.
    Unfortunately I wasn't able to register the car here because the car is an RHD so I decided to sell it to someone back in UK.
    This is a overseas purchase and I would like to use a third party for this transaction as I want a smooth and safe transaction. We will use eBay Square Trade, I have completed a lot of successful deals using them. I have a Purchase Protection Account for US $20,000 and I assume you know what this means.
    If you agree with these terms, please reply with your full name and address in your next email so I can register the transaction with eBay Square Trade asap.
    Regards,

this is the reply i got from him!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Ebay Square Trade? New one on me....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

it's quite a common scam on ebay, whereby they have a website that looks very similar to a ebay site and use it for dummy escrow payments etc.

I've paid the £3,000 deposit by western transfer, fully refundable from his late father (the king of guatemala)'s estate, he's a nice enough chap who's about to inherit 70billion in stolen gold bullion once some corrupt politicians are taken care of, so porsche 911's don't matter to him.

Once he gets the money he's going to ship it immediately and within 5 working days that car will sitting in my front drive with a sticker price of €73,000.

I can offer (for a limited time only to boards.ie members) the bin_15x54.gif price of £9,000 !!!, by western transfer (you know the procedure) with uberpanzer party protection account in the sum of US $70,000 (I assume you know what this means) and ebay spongebob squarepants fairplay security.

528i
    psIcon_50x25.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

chicken_food I asked him "are you for real" and I go the exact same response :)

seems like a nice bloke ;) I pity the poor guy who has spotted and bought this 'bargain'.
    I think theres a saying a fool and his gold are soon parted (heard it on tv once!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement