Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Early Transformers Clip

• 11-08-2005 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭

http://www.alldumb.com/item/12724/

Its looking good but Michael Bay!?!? Could be a problem......see the text above the sceen.....funny.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I don't know how real that is.. it's just seems to be a random assortment of transforming CGI robots with very little in common with each other design wise.

Apparently there are only going to be about 10 different Transformers in the movie though. I wonder if Megatron will still be able to turn into a hand gun though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Anyone see the release date at the end? 07? Bah.

I'm assuming they're going to improve the CGI, but I wont be going by that tiny video, couldn't really make anything out. One thing that did look cool was the animation of Bumblebee(?) Transforming and taking the kid out of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah not really there to see apart from footage of the c4 add, the beetle transformer vid off the internet, and the plain from revolver (cool japanese movie), but they dont have anything to do with the movie, apart from show how it could look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Yeah this footage is pretty ****ty and old.

I used to think upto a few days ago that there was a transformer comic or something that made a lot more sense than the cartoon/30 minute ad and adults were into, because everyone was getting so excited. But now I see that this film is based just on the cartoon, theres nothing else. How are they making this film.

Oh and it looks like Michael Bay probably wont be directing the film after all, no word on his replacment though. And with Speilberg as a producer its kind of a guarantee this this film wont be really, really bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Damn Starscream looks cool, pity they had to besmirch it with shots of that Renaultbot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

The link just made my firefox cry, but I really hope they make Megatron turn into a gun. And not a Galvatron-style mounted gun, one that has to be fired by one of the other guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

OOhhhh God NO..............
    Michael Bay...
    Were gonna see 20 minutes ok cool transformer stuff then be destracted by a long and exagerated love scene between two of the mini cons, or something along them lines. In a couple of years time is trey parker gonna make a film comtaining the song #i miss you more than michael bay missed the mark when he made Transformers#

Get someone like Brian Singer to do it, Make it Good

Although maybe no one at all can make transformers UNCOOL, we'll just have to wait and see.

"More than meets the eye"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

What do people want from Transformers that Michael Bay cant deliver? How can you miss the mark with Transformers? Actually, a director that a lot of people think to be better than Bay would be more likely to miss the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

Eh heres what i want from Transformers, if someone is gonna get a Mega budjet then this is possible.................

NO CGI on the robots, except a little when their transforming and the lazer fire of coarse,

Make the actual robots to scale and shoot miniture, or even make them full scale. that would be the coolest thing, come on who agrees.

No CGI just cool machines that got filmed, i reckon with a big enough budget it's possible................

Or am i a little bit deluded, it could happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

According to various websites they plan on having most of the transformers built to scale, only using cgi for the more energetic scenes and the transforming of course. To be honest this could end up being the biggest of all the comic book adaptations and I really hope Mr. Bay is heavily infuenced by Don Murphy who's own website has a vast forum where he'll glad;y discuss ideas with the fans regarding this. Its a good read and offers an insight into what they plan...

www.donmurphy.net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Ok, I spoted some things there. First off the Bowing 747 that is transforming at an oil rig is from the movie "The Returner" Its been out a few years now. then the VW that transforms and walks abit. is from the internet movie that was sent about awhile ago. Then of course the one dancing is from the car add. All the Other CG looked like something from a CG cartoon rather than a movie.

Spealburg better not feck this classic up as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

sutty wrote:
    Ok, I spoted some things there. First off the Bowing 747 that is transforming at an oil rig is from the movie "The Returner" Its been out a few years now. then the VW that transforms and walks abit. is from the internet movie that was sent about awhile ago. Then of course the one dancing is from the car add. All the Other CG looked like something from a CG cartoon rather than a movie.

Madrab pipped you on that front. None of the footage is from the film, as none of it has been shot yet but it gives a good indication as to what will be done.

As regards to Senior Speilbergo, Its more the involvement of Mr Bay that worries me. Will we be seeing Optimus and Ironhide finally get together???? Will Jazz and Wheeljack find love?? With Mike at the helm, anything is possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

sutty wrote:

hmm, did i not say that (ok i was incorrect with the name of "the returner" but it was still a cool mocie all the same)

personally i like alot of cgi, and in a film like this, it would need a fair chunk of computerwizardry to look proper, come on the c4 add wouldnt have looked nearly as good if it was an actual robot (let alone possible)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Aye sorry I didn't read your post :p

"The Returner" was a class film alright. I really enjoyed it. From what I head a while back. They will be using the same guy who done the effects in that car add and the VW clip.

Advertisement