Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GreatGrandmother in Limerick

• 11-08-2005 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Read there in the newspaper today limerick has the youngest grandmother in Ireland ....The lady in question lives in Cliona Park and is a spritely 46 years old!!!
    Now let me do the math here ......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Metallicababe

Jaysus that makes me feel old now when i was a toddler tot my Great Grandmother was 96....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

46 sounds pretty normal. mother has daughter at age 26 and then the daughter has a child age 20. voila gandma at 46.

my own mother was 42 when she became a grandmother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A bit confused here. The title of the thread says "greatgrandmother" which at 46 is very young indeed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I remember swoonsome Italian actress Ornella Muti being pictured at 41 with her first grandchild. I think she was my first and only GILF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Metallicababe

I obviously meant GREAT grandmother!!!!

I quantified by talking about my own GREAT grandmother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Perhaps you should go back and edit the op, it is a little confusing.

I guess that each woman would have been an average of 15 and 4 months having their first child. I assume that it is the first child of the first child of the first child. Otherwise it gets incredibly depressing. (Or even more depressing, if you want to look at it that way).

My mum is 45, and I'm 26. So if I'd had a kid at 14 who had a kid at 13, then my mum would be a great-grandmother by 46. It's weird to think that people my age in this part of the world are grandmothers/fathers, when I'm not even planning to have kids for another 5-10 years.

Wonder will they be entering any glamorous granny competions. They'd have the prize in the bag.

Advertisement