Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jetland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭zachler

Game Spot will be opening there. Maybe Boots too.
    What are BBs? Big Brothers? Jeesh...would it kill you to spell it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

BBs is the actual name of the outlet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭spinalsly

bbs is a cafe of some sort, if my memory serves, i remember seeing one when i was in liffey valley in dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Its a New Zealand cafe or something like that. Theres one in the Cresent near the cinema side. Its actually just called BB's. They have muffins, coffees, ice creams, things like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭djsim

I think Aldi will make a great addition to what is a hugh spree of shops coming to this city. Aldi do good quality item and cheapish prices. The quality of food isint bad either.

There are 24 new shops coming to the Jetland store. The total area of the shopping is 24,000 feet (squared) Dunnes have nearly 9,000 so it is the biggest Dunnes outside of Dublin, thats what I hear.

Have anyone visited the new B & Q tore, its massive!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

sioda wrote:
    Marks and Spencers are not moving into the George its going back to being a hotel.
    They decided that months back! Sure the crowd who bought that have been doing it up for ages!

sioda wrote:
    Personally I think that Dunnes should not be able to hold the main tenants in the 4 main shopping centres.
    Well Personally I would consider the Cresent Shopping Centre to be a main SC since its double the size of any other in the city!
    Also Arthurs Quay is very central in Limerick, so i would consider that to be in the top 4 SC's in Limerick, both of which have Tesco as main tenants

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

From what I've heard, River Island and A-Wear are supposed to be opening up in Jetland.
    Apparently all the other units are supposed to be open by the end of October - but I haven't been out there yet so dunno how true that is supposed to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭MikeTyson

cAr0l wrote:
    From what I've heard, River Island and A-Wear are supposed to be opening up in Jetland.
    Apparently all the other units are supposed to be open by the end of October - but I haven't been out there yet so dunno how true that is supposed to be

ya carol i heard the same. the dunnes there is alrite because u ucan buy cheap dvds,cds and stuff but the security gaurds follow u around when ur going in .. and theres 2 many cameras besides that its good though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

MikeTyson and ricey, both your signitures are too large and are in breach of the sig rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Anyone know of anymore shops going into the Jetland Shopping Centre? it hasnt been a great success if you ask me! not much more people go there than used to go to the old Jetland!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Its really not doing well as far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

well ive never been there but i never shop on that side of limerick and to be honest there aint much to do on that side

i go to the cresent,childers rd,parkway retail and city centre

but it would be going way out of my way to go to the jetland and i suppose thats the same reason for a lot of people (yes i know a lot of people live near the jetland to)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

It seems busy enough whenever I'm there, maybe I bring the crowds with me, but the other units need to be filled soon. Realistically Dunnes have invested too much in it for it not to eventually be a success but how this will come about will be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

It will take a while for it to be at a succesful level, I'd say alot of the south side (other side of the Shannon) would'nt have heard of the store, if they haven't been around this side of town lately. Although the Caherdavin side is growing fast, Epecially onto the Clare Border, so it would be great for residents to shop here than having to criss cross the city to shop.

I haven't being there myself yet, but I've heard that Dunnes itself is good, and they have a wide range of shops. but as some said, the people who I know are not from there, and probably rarely go to that side of the city, as most, would go to City centre or Childers, or Cresent.

Matter of Interest is there anthing constructive yet to happen, at
    the old oaklands(which is ground zero), Parkway centre.

I heard the rumour that Dunnes wanted to close their store in parkway and fully fit them into the 24 hour one accross the road.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭youthacademy

is the jetland 24hr?? have been in there a few times, its fairly impressive inside there so dont no why its not doing so well(just going on what i read in this thread) maybe an M&S would go down well if it was in there

about the development in the oaklands, do u mean the proposed development in parkway retail park, it gonna be a huge development on the left of the retail park down as far as singland motors. Its gonna be called Parkway Valley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Parkway Valley lol, don't know why it sounds funny but it does, like a Liffy Valley wannabe. Jetland is 24 Hour and its a great Dunnes (I prefer it to Childers Road, Parkway and Town). Very handy parking no fuss shopping day or night. The other units leave a bit to be desired, its not somewhere you would go to do other than grocery shopping like the Crescent. There is an Elverys, Pharmacy, Golden discs, Jeans wear or Jean Scene and one or two others. They are all small pokey shops though.

What do you mean there is nothing there, sure isn't Funworld accross the road!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

rumour has it that Marks and spenser is moving into what was once the royal george hotel. not sure how true this is though.

there's a boutique lynch hotel going in there..

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

limerick would do well with having a M&S somewhere definately..(especially for their girls underwear LOL) and maybe a couple of other male clothing stores cause it seems guys get left behind a wee bit clothing wise..
    is it me or are their loads of dunnes for a city of 80,000+? they're grand like but jeepers! :)

wingnut wrote:
    Parkway Valley lol, don't know why it sounds funny but it does, like a Liffy Valley wannabe. Jetland is 24 Hour and its a great Dunnes (I prefer it to Childers Road, Parkway and Town). Very handy parking no fuss shopping day or night. The other units leave a bit to be desired, its not somewhere you would go to do other than grocery shopping like the Crescent. There is an Elverys, Pharmacy, Golden discs, Jeans wear or Jean Scene and one or two others. They are all small pokey shops though.

What do you mean there is nothing there, sure isn't Funworld accross the road!! :p

Traffic will be cauotic when it opens along that stretch of road, unless the developer plans to build a bridge over the Castletroy rd or access to the local roads awell as a dedicated entrance to and off the old N7 instead of Ghost Islands which are inadequate. The Parkway roundabout just isn't big enough at this stage to take the demand of traffic that uses it, especially with the scale of development that is coming on at that side of the city. When they do decide to build it, they should knock the old SC and widen the road at the Parkway roundabout and build a train station there, as the rail line passes directly behind it. It would make a hell of a lot of sense. Thought I think this is the plan, but dunno what's set in stone. If this idea is brought forward then, there is defenatley hope for this parkway valley

Hey nothing wrong with it being called parkway valley. Groody valley sounds better.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

is the jetland 24hr?? have been in there a few times, its fairly impressive inside there so dont no why its not doing so well(just going on what i read in this thread) maybe an M&S would go down well if it was in there

I was in the Jetland on Tuesday at 11.50pm and they were getting ready to close, so no it's not 24hr.

The Grocery is stil 24hr but the textile closes at midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

No the whole dunnes is open all night, they close down a few shutters and thats about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Right - I must have imagined them saying "This store is about to close.....etc"
    Must get my hearing checked.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

I was there last week at 1am ??? They do close most of the shutters down though . What do they expect though, there's more Dunnes in Limerick than there needs to be. There's 3 in the city centre alone They really need to fit out the rest of units in the Jetland though. There isn't enough there for most people to stop there! Isn't there a retail park going in beside it, across from O'Mara's. They've knocked most of the old Atari building where Mattanah are now.
    Costa cofee is wicked though!!
    One thing I didn;t like was a lot of stuff on the shelves in Dunnes was out of date. Thats not good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

vkid wrote:
    I was there last week at 1am ??? They do close most of the shutters down though . What do they expect though, there's more Dunnes in Limerick than there needs to be. There's 3 in the city centre alone They really need to fit out the rest of units in the Jetland though. There isn't enough there for most people to stop there! Isn't there a retail park going in beside it, across from O'Mara's. They've knocked most of the old Atari building where Mattanah are now.
    Costa cofee is wicked though!!
    One thing I didn;t like was a lot of stuff on the shelves in Dunnes was out of date. Thats not good!

Heard O'Mara was gonig to buid a hotel? Has the plans been changed?

was interested so i went to their website
    it says dunnes for the whole week G - 24hr / T - 8am - Midnight

G= Grocery; D= Drapery; H= Homewares

so food is 24hrs but i dont know what T is

and limerick dosnt have to much if ya compare it to cork, they have 11 we have 6

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

G - Grocery

T - Textile

1huge1 wrote:
    was interested so i went to their website
    it says dunnes for the whole week G - 24hr / T - 8am - Midnight

G= Grocery; D= Drapery; H= Homewares

so food is 24hrs but i dont know what T is

and limerick dosnt have to much if ya compare it to cork, they have 11 we have 6

So what's the happening with Dunnes in the Parkway? is that being transferred to the new one in Childer's road or what?

• Advertisement

lol your asking the wrong person

i would assume its staying in the same place though so they can keep control of the market unless their making serious losses there

Advertisement