Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EB's 360 launch title list..

Options
  • 11-08-2005 7:55pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭

IGN quotes the following from Electronic Botique's launch title list that EB published recently: (IGN's Page)

I'm looking forward to quite a few of these, pretty impressive if they hold truth..
    IGN wrote:
    The list IGN acquired from EB retailers today, features 21 launch titles, including three first-party games from Microsoft Game Studios -- Perfect Dark LE (i.e. Limited Edition), Kameo: Elements of Power, and Project Gotham Racing 3, approximate pricing, and sku numbers for every game.

Microsoft representatives officially re-confirmed with IGN today Rare titles Perfect Dark and Kameo would definitely launch day and date with the system, echoing Vice President Peter Moore's comments prior to E3. "PGR3 should launch with the system, if everything works according to plan." said a Microsoft representative. "But those first two (Perfect Dark and Kameo) are our big pushes for day one."

The full list, posted here alphabetically, includes:

* Amped 3 (2K Games)
    * Call of Duty 2 (Activision)
    * Condemned (Sega)
    * Dead Or Alive 4 (Tecmo)
    * Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Bethesda)
    * Final Fantasy XI (Microsoft)
    * Full Auto (Sega)
    * Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
    * Gun (Activision)
    * Kameo: Elements of Power (Microsoft)
    * Madden NFL 06 (EA)
    * NBA 2K6 (2K Games)
    * NHL 2K6 (2K Games)
    * The Outfit (THQ)
    * Perfect Dark LE (Microsoft)
    * Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft)
    * Quake 4 (Activision)
    * Ridge Racer 6 (Namco)
    * Saints Row (THQ)
    * Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Activision)
    * Top Spin 2 (2K Games)

There were noticeable mistakes, however. The Godfather, for instance, was still listed as a launch title, even though EA officially announced its delay until Q1 2006. Too Human Part 1 was included, and Microsoft officially told IGN that was incorrect (duh). It also listed Burnout Revenge as a launch title, even though EA confirmed with IGN that a version of Burnout Revenge wouldn't appear until 2006.

Xbox 360 second wave launch titles, which EB has scheduled for November 16, include the majority of Electronic Arts' games:

* Burnout Revenge
    * FIFA Soccer 06
    * Peter Jackson's King Kong
    * NBA Live 06
    * Need For Speed Most Wanted
    * Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06

Namco's Frame City Killer is listed as releasing November 19, 2005.

EB's own data includes a $59.99 price for every Xbox 360 game, except one, Kameo, which listed at $49.99. The retailer told IGN that software prices weren't fixed yet, as Microsoft, third-party publishers, and presumably North American retailers agree on a firm prices.

EB even has Halo 3 listed as shipping July 1, 2006, presumably the same day as Sony's PlayStation 3.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

So unless Msft come up with something else nothing there worth buying the console for.

/me scratches one console off the list.

kdjac

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Not even Halo 3 there at the bottom no? Not a fan perhaps.

COD2, Elder Scrolls IV, PGR3 all have a lot of interest from me anyways..

To buy a console it must have a killer game as an exclusive.
    Snes Sf2, N64 mario , PS1 Wipeout ,Ps2 GTA 3, Xbox Halo 1

Perfect dark LE would have been it only i played Perfect Dark already and seeing Rares last 10 games have been **** dont see that changing.

Cod2 pc game, others multiformat , halo is only best FPS ever cos there no other decent ones on xbox.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Halo 2 and the original are fantastic FPS games. Great gameplay, extremely immersing world.

I'd buy the 360 JUST for Halo, I think to be honest most people would disagree with your dismissive comment about Halos credibility.

Its not because there's nothing better on Xbox - there is some decent competition, and fact of the matter is, I've never enjoyed a single player PC or console FPS game half as much as Halo!

Not to mention the killer multiplayer.....which with friends, can wipe the floor with pretty much ANY other FPS game out there....

Perfect Dark, I'm worried about....nothing too promising at all on Launch date, don't know really if many others are that excited either....few months in though, and we should have some quality heading our way.

There must be something good about Perfect Dark Zero anyway - I doubt MS would be banking on a mediocre game to bolster their brand new console.

Time will tell....

/although if its anything like PD on the N64, it will be fantastic....I know Rare aren't what they used to be, but they still make a few great games on the xbox as of late...

Halo in honesty is a fantastic game regardless of the fact whether or not it was the only good one on xbox..(Timesplitters 2 was on xbox, not to mention RtCW, many liked doom 3 too). Fair enough it wasn't to your tastes but between fantastic immersing story and playability not to mention a very comprehensive multiplay package it is a console seller - already proven that.

As for the rest on offer - I still swear by PGR2, and hence hope PGR3 will be more of the same..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i honestly don't see what is the big whupp about halo.

the first one was good i'll give it that, i cleared it, nice story and all that, but halo 2 i just found to be boring, much of the same after you get over the novelty of having that big sword it just turns out to be an average shooter.

Apart from the in-game improvements such as new weapons, dual-weilding, new enemies, new-vehicles, better balanced weapons, playing as a covenant, and for me even better story..Halo 2 was fantastic for its xbox live section. Multiplayer is just brilliant..simple as that.

Thats my last word because I don't want to spend a whole tyhread pimping halo, its been done before - i recommend the search option. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's all a bit meh. Hope there is much better. the decent games will be available on the PC anyway.

Ummm Halo isnt out on launch date. The how its just the FPS of its generation thread can be saved for another day.

I dont think there is anything on that list that justifies buying a 360 on day 1.
    Most of the games are either sequels or multiformat.

Now if there was a gaiden 2 maybe i sway that way.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

sorry i didn't mean for that to sound like me trying to take the thread off topic.

anyways this is a good line up for microsoft in one sense.

* Madden NFL 06 (EA)
    * NBA 2K6 (2K Games)
    * NHL 2K6 (2K Games)

November 16th games
    * NBA Live 06

it's a very american based launch.

these games will make the console sell especially in america where they love all these type of games

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

If I do get a 360 at or near launch (funds depending), I'll be looking at the following games:
    Full Auto (looks like a bit of high octane fun), Ghost Recon 3 (blew me away, really amazing looking), Perfect Dark (still unsure, but I haven't given up on it just yet). Games like Condemned, COD2, Saints Row and Quake will all be on my watch list too.
    I wonder when Dead Rising is due out, can't wait for that game.
    Looks like a good launch line up, but I just hope they back it up with a quick and strong second wave.
    MS have been saying how Halo was being slagged before it launched and PD:Z could be the same, I don't know if that's a fair point or a load of excuses, but either way they seem to be putting a lot of energy behind it, so it's worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i think id be lookin at ghost recon, PD, quake 4, pgr3, nhl 2k6, kameo

but there really isnt anything big there. quake 4 will probably be the big one. where's gears of war? that game looks deadly!

the big one is obviously halo 3 but there isnt even a screen of that yet. id say we'd be lucky to see anythingof it before the end of the year,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭spinalsly

ya i think the next halo will be out before next xmas.maybe a xmas release(hopefully!) i would hate to have to wait for halo 3 like more than 12 months after the 360 comes out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Its been stated that the Halo 3 release would coincide with the ps3 release to take some shine from sony. There's nothing i've seen on 360 that would convince me to spend my money on the console rather than an upgrade except maybe gears of war. Tbh i prefer my FPS on the PC so multiplatform titles like COD2 and Quake 4 would justify a PC upgrade instead.

I love the halo series. Its what made it so hard to give up XBox live :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Dead Rising is the game that has me most excited, it looks brilliant. Not buying one on launch though, unless the Japanese price-point is something silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Dead Rising is the game that has me most excited, it looks brilliant. Not buying one on launch though, unless the Japanese price-point is something silly.

Ditto. the clip of DR is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

Perfect Dark and Kameo!!i thinks i may buy it now.**** sake,damn rare with their quality games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

no release date for gears of war :(

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Does not seen like a very good lineup.I hope kameo and perfect dark dont end up crap like rares latest games.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Its not the best line up in teh world but then again, i can't think of 1 console that had a good line up on launch. The Super Nintendo when launched over here only had 6 games on launch.

As everyone knows consoles aren't work buying until at least 6 months in then you get the bug fixes out of the way and the full on system with a few games about. Personally Im waiting for Halo 3. Halo was class no ifs and or buts, Halo 2 not to everyones taste but i thought it was great.

Apart from that I'm hoping somewhere down the line there is a Forza Motorsport 2, altough PGR 3 does look the bomb. The big winner for me is that MS still have the online game play pretty much down to a T. I'd buy a 360 purely for xbox live and when Halo 3 comes out, ok if the games in 1 player mode is crap fine, i'll just go live and let rip...

• Advertisement

The SNES had Mario World on release didn't it and street fighter 2 if my memory serves. They were immensly popular games and I reckon could be classed as console sellers. But then again what happened in 6 months to a year later brought two of the best games ever, mario kart and zelda...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, I am getting one on launch anyway but the games list looks a little lack lustre, PGR3 about the only one worth mentioning to me, Ridge Racer 6? Thats kinda odd given the cosy love in Namco, Sony and that franchise have had over the last 10 years.
    The rest just look like boring sequels, no original IPs at all, also I have it on good authority from a guy at E3 that Kameo was really disappointing, it looked like it could have run on the Xbox, rather than the 360.
    Perfect Dark could be the one to watch given the fact that most consumers will not have played the most excellent original, but can Rare capture that old 007 magic? Especially now that most if not all of that team that went on to make Perfect Dark have buggered off to form their own companies.
    Could go either way really, but I am sure a new Fifa will make the drones all run out and buy one, and that is all Microsoft really care about, the bottom line, not furthering the art of Videogaming.

Alot of magazines are actually saying Dead Rising is THE most disappointing 360 title showcased so far, which really got me down....it looks great, but apparently is a dog in all other regards....hopefully will be improved by launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Has anyone seen the trailer for "Prey"? Now usually, it wouldn't be my type of game, but some of the features are crazy! I can't really expain it, so it's worth checking out the video. Wormholes,walking up walls (level's shifting), gravity switching, Out of body experiences! Looks good i have to say.

Prey looks the absolute muts nuts. But its a PC game also so most will opt for that platform..It does look excellent tho..great video to be found..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

"Gears Of War" supposed to come out also or something?

(im not a console person but i saw the video etc etc)

Yes but not for a while after the console's release..apparently they still have a lot of work to do and tbh if they wait a while and see how the launch games work out it might benefit those coming 4 or 6 months down the line. I think it was a good idea not to rush halo 3 for launch..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Well they seem to be taking their time with Halo 3 and giving it much attention which is a good sign. Hopefully they nail it and get it perfect. Altough it was always been held back for the PS3 launch and never touted as a launch title for the 360

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

my god, prey still exists?

Is that the same prey that was a FPS being developed at the same time as quake 1??

• Advertisement

Balfa wrote:
    my god, prey still exists?

Is that the same prey that was a FPS being developed at the same time as quake 1??

Yep! Duke Nukem Forever Jnr!

Advertisement