Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High Score Challenge #6 - EMULATOR

Options
  • 11-08-2005 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

Game: Metal Slug
    Challenge: Highest score on 1 credit
    Using neorage emulator (or MAME if you prefer)

Again, winners announce next thursday, Retr0gamer and hercule - want to see some good high scores from the two of you with those claims you were making in the other thread !! :p

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

c - 13 wrote:
    Game: Metal Slug
    Challenge: Highest score on 3 credits
    (using mame emulator)

Again, winners announce next thursday, Retr0gamer and hercule - want to see some good high scores from the two of you with those claims you were making in the other thread !! :p

3 credits is a bit much. Time to kick ass. I think that the score might get reset after the first credit.

btw, Neoragex is the better emulator for neogeo games.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

3 credits! ive done the whole thing with 2! bwahahahhahahaha looks like ill have to get rescuing those POWs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

http://members.boards.ie/retr0gamer/metalslug.JPG

there is my effort with metal slug. not my best and i certainly didn't finish the game. Now to F-zero GX. used the 3 credits. Score doesn't reset.

crap, just realised im gonna have to get metal slug for mame if im gonna enter
    yeah neorage is a better emulator IMHO

Remember to put the bios files in the zipped rom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Well if neorage is better we'll use that instead then, and due to hercule's (exaggerated ;) ) claims we'll knock the credits down to one as well.

YAY! I prefer neorage!!!!!! - and dont get me wrong a few years ago i had metal slug on the saturn so i developed pretty good skills for it - the only problems are going to be the cheap bosses on the second-last and last levels the guy with the beard and the machine gun and really fast grenades is going to kill me at least twice and the final helicopter boss just has a lot of health and so is harder to kill, certain other scenes are bound to steal a life or two so I dont think ill be recreating what i did oin the saturn.

Well my exaggerated claims of how good I am at it came from playing the Saturn version and doing better than I usually do. The extra slowdown really helps :D That machine gun guy really annoys me. i'll give it a go tonight with 1 credit.

I dont even bother trying when i fight him - get the same results regardless of whether i do or not i just throw all the nades and last as long as i can and then after my inevitable death i use the short invincibilty after respawn to run up beside him and knife him as many times as i can - then repeat where necessary

Hercule wrote:
    I dont even bother trying when i fight him - get the same results regardless of whether i do or not i just throw all the nades and last as long as i can and then after my inevitable death i use the short invincibilty after respawn to run up beside him and knife him as many times as i can - then repeat where necessary

Same here. He always seems to kill me so I leg it up and plough all my grenades into him. If I'm lucky I'll only lose one life. And if I'm correct, I think the bastard turns up again near the end (but at least gets eaten by the killer whale).

• Advertisement

Yeah he gets eaten by a killer whale in metal slug 2 only to reappear in metal slug 3 - the boss battle here is identical to that of the first game but once you "kill" him again he reappears at the end of the game only to be on your side he helps you fight of swarms of clones coming towards you in the final mission.

ok, here it is, after about 40 attempts this is my best so far and still I got owned by a midlevel boss
    mslug28yl.th.png
    the one i did with one credit is ninth with a score of 499750 (also the one in tenth is done with one credit)
    Like I guessed I would I lost 1 life against the guy with the beard and one at the end of level double-tank boss and then one shortly before this image where im rolling a long happily in my tank
    mslug10ry.th.png
    I took a few extra guys down and gained some points, before getting ripped apart by these dudes and then just after i entered my name mslug38rp.th.png
    i used fraps to take these screenshots as i was having trouble with the "shots factory" in neorage

i'm giving up on this. I'm am playing unbelievably bad tonight. should have played earlier when I wasn't so tired but couldn't get idiot brother off the computer. That bastard with the heavy machinegun now keeps killing me twice before he dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Aw, pity its not Metal Slug 2. I had it on neorage for ages, then found it in an arcade, topped the score board with 3 credits, 2,400,000

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Hercule wrote:
    BOARDS.IE SOUL CALIBUR 2 CHAMPION

have to give ya a game dude!!
    although if ya mean arcade version ud probably squash me...
    if however tis xbox without using Necrid or Spawn then anytime.
    used to be gamecon champ of that myself... hopefully goin to win my title back in November :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

you shouldve entered the challenge.

hmm never heard about it.... was away for a while neway so couldnt have enetered even if i did

EDIT : Whoops - sorry hercule, looks like you have another title to add to your sig. :D
    (Cant even read the user names at this hour of the morning - gah)

I missed whatever you are apologising for :o so no need to apologise ;)
    my sig has been edited but unfortunatly (for me) im almost out of games im good at to win :(

Jazzy I played a lot of the Arcade and PS2 version of SC2 - cudnt stand the squishy xbox buttons - obviously i will relinquish my title to anyone who can beat my survival score with Maxi

Hercule wrote:
    I missed whatever you are apologising for :o so no need to apologise ;)

Nothing major, had credited Evad with your title for a min or so before i reread the thread ;)

• Advertisement

Hercule wrote:
    Jazzy I played a lot of the Arcade and PS2 version of SC2 - cudnt stand the squishy xbox buttons - obviously i will relinquish my title to anyone who can beat my survival score with Maxi

what survival mode type? and do u have to be maxi?

oh yeah and wat score?

Advertisement