Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM104 making money from texters?

Options
  • 11-08-2005 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

I assume that with FM104's "new" text number (53104) that they are making money from every text received by them? They say that text messages to this number cost 20c so exactly how many texts do they receive to this "new" text number on a daily basis?

How low can you go? Making money off the backs of people loyal enough to listen AND text them with requests, comments etc. just sickens me.

Shame on FM104.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Shame on the evil capitalists wanting to make money - how shocking.

most radio stations do this! Whats your major malfunction?

Dont text if you dont like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

jerryadams wrote:
    I assume that with FM104's "new" text number (53104) that they are making money from every text received by them? They say that text messages to this number cost 20c so exactly how many texts do they receive to this "new" text number on a daily basis?

How low can you go? Making money off the backs of people loyal enough to listen AND text them with requests, comments etc. just sickens me.

Shame on FM104.

I always have to laugh anytime I'm unfortunate enough to hear one of those traffic bulletins on the dub radio stations asking people to text in with news of delays/hold-ups...then being told that the txt costs 20 cent. How about they go and pay someone to do reports instead of expecting punters to cough up to provide them with it.

Bit of a different matter for requests or competitions though...only fair to pay standard rate or slightly above for that service...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Wertz wrote:
    I always have to laugh anytime I'm unfortunate enough to hear one of those traffic bulletins on the dub radio stations asking people to text in with news of delays/hold-ups...then being told that the txt costs 20 cent. How about they go and pay someone to do reports instead of expecting punters to cough up to provide them with it.

Bit of a different matter for requests or competitions though...only fair to pay standard rate or slightly above for that service...

Unsure about that Wertz, requests and general 'hello' texts do give us in radio some additional content to play around with during our shows. If I had my way, it'd be free :P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

Seeing as today Fm is with meteor it is free for me! not that i bother texting in though..most of the main stations are still with regular numbers. I dont think its particularly fair when they start profiting of it but there ya go. if ya really wanna be cheap about it email them. and anybody who listens to fm104 deserves it anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Lilly81

dont text them then! simple! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement