Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sceen resolution

Options
  • 11-08-2005 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just starting a web site business. I have had different views on screen resolution(size of screen). Any comments on how this site appears on your PC. www.irishcom.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 beefy

irishcom wrote:
    Just starting a web site business. I have had different views on screen resolution(size of screen). Any comments on how this site appears on your PC. www.irishcom.com

Looks perfectly fine to me 1024x768. Aligned in the middle well enough.

Nice site.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

displays fine at 1600x1200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Looks fine at 1680x1050, but then I run my browser windows in a 'restored' state.
    By the way, the background on zhivago.ie makes me dizzy enough to vomit! (no offense) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Fine here at 1400x1050

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Fine at 1280*1024, WinXP, Firefox.

Though, your XHTML validation link shows it isn't :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

it appears fine with IE6 @ 1024x768...

not what you asked, but I'll say it anyway: trim the (xmambo) .css ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm usually a critical bastard but I really like that site. Nice and simple, not in your face, and pretty. Good job.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

I must confess I was expecting an flash abomination, but it's quite nice. Fine at 1600x1200 (Firefox on Linux). In a window, obviously; what sort of strange person runs browsers fullscreen.

On a basically unrelated note, I HATE the buttons along the top. They are confusing. Buttons should not vanish simply because you're viewing the page they refer to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

looks fine, but something that really bugs me about those 'box' or centered sites, is make sure they are at the same position for each page, i mean, i click on the links and the design shifts to the left or the right depending on each page.

heggie wrote:
    i click on the links and the design shifts to the left or the right depending on each page.
    Gecko browser? I had this problem recently and the very talented and helpful Jonathan Morton suggested I add this to the css to force a scrollbar in gecko browsers:

[html]html {height: 100%;}
    body {min-height: 101%;}[/html]adam

• Advertisement

no, firefox. i notice this in IE 2, you'd have to be looking for it really tho, as in loading the 2 or more pages quickly

Gecko's the layout engine for Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, etc.

http://www.mozilla.org/newlayout/

I don't see it in IE meself.

adam

ah rite, well to the op, get it sorted for firefox! its a growing % of web users - too big to ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It looks a small bit lost in the middle of my screen, but at least it is centred.

You might want to check the spelling as you have a couple of typos.

You're using an XHTML valid thingy, but it isn't validating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 irishcom

"Just starting a web site business. I have had different views on screen resolution(size of screen). Any comments on how this site appears on your PC. www.irishcom.com "
    Many thanks for replies on above greatly appreciated

Advertisement