Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eye sight Deteriorating

• 11-08-2005 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

I woke up on tuesday moring with blurry vision in one eye, havn't been having regular sleep patterns lately so though it may be tiredness.
    now it thurday and no change, when i cover my right eye (which i can see okay with) i can see pratically nothing with my left eye.
    Beginning to freak me out.
    Any advice or anyone every experienced something like this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Go to an optition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

What the hell?
    WTF is stopping you from going to seek a professional opinon?
    You CANNOT mess with your eyesight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭rancheros

true but like most things i usually live with it and hope it goes away - dumb i know.
    So ill just bite the bullet and go to Doc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Blurry eyes in the morning is usual (you haven't been blinking during sleep to clean your eyes).

Persistant blurriness suggests something wrong, maybe an infection, but might be more complicated. Do talk to either a doctor or an optician (I think doctor might be better at this stage).

And get some sleep.

Victor wrote:
    Blurry eyes in the morning is usual (you haven't been blinking during sleep to clean your eyes).

how do u mean blinkind during sleep?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Eve e

rancheros wrote:
    So ill just bite the bullet and go to Doc
    Yeah,(rather than an optition)they will be to check you out and tell you what's up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

rancheros wrote:
    how do u mean blinkind during sleep?
    You don't blink during your sleep. You blink to clean your eyes of dirt and bacteria. Hence the bacteria can build up slightly overnight.

However, I have no idea if **your** bluriness is down to infection, muscle problems (your eye uses muscles to focus), brain or nerve injury, being paralitic drunk ....

"Go to doctor".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Does your eye look funny? Like bloodshot or anything? I'd get to the doctor ASAP.

no i look fine, no marks, not bloodshot, been washing it out with optrex as well, Going to the doc tomorrow, so we'll c what he says

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I have gotten this before, but mainly because I use contacts, and when I don't get a proper sleep. It's more like a build-up of a thin layer of mucous under my eyelid/on your eye for whatever reason.

Is the vision itself actually out of focus, or is it more like looking through a dirty window?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Victor wrote:
    You don't blink during your sleep. You blink to clean your eyes of dirt and bacteria. Hence the bacteria can build up slightly overnight.

I thought blinking was to moisten your eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Johnnyraz

I don't mean to worry you but this sounds like optic neuritis .This is a classic sign of the onset of MS .Just because you have optic neuritis dosen't mean you will definitely have MS. Do you have numbness in any of your limbs or get pins and needles that won't go away . Have a look at some of the sites listed below to check if you have any other sypmtons.
    Best of luck with everything .
    PM me if you need anymore info .

http://www.ms-gateway.com/start.html
    http://www.ms-society.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Johnnyraz wrote:
    I don't mean to worry you but this sounds like optic neuritis .This is a classic sign of the onset of MS .Just because you have optic neuritis dosen't mean you will definitely have MS. Do you have numbness in any of your limbs or get pins and needles that won't go away . Have a look at some of the sites listed below to check if you have any other sypmtons.
    Best of luck with everything .
    PM me if you need anymore info .

http://www.ms-gateway.com/start.html
    http://www.ms-society.ie/

FFS!
    I'd advise going to a hospital eye casualty department rather than an optician. The blurriness could be down to numerous things, many of them minor and will pass with treatment. The safest thing is to see a profesional and not the laymen quacks like here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement