Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband attempting to improve ??? Jurys out

• 12-08-2005 12:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

After a recent formal complaint to IBB I received a phone call from a customer service manager who apologised for the poor & erratic service that IBB where providing he explained that IBB where treating my complaint with concern and that he would be ensuring that the issues got looked at immediately.

Issues which I'm certain other people are having

High Pings / Latency
    Poor Download Speeds
    Poor Customer service
    Lack of commitment
    In general a 2MB line performing like a 56k dialup

The CS manager informed me that a colleague would be intouch later that day to start the ball rolling. True to his word another person did ring and after some discussion the issue was escalated to a second line group which will investigate the issue to completion. I expect to hear from them by Monday 16th August. I was given a direct email address for the CS manager and he expressed his wish that I email him directly on the quality of the service and the professionalism of the customer service dept.

This hopefully is the start of an improved focus by IBB. I'm willing to give them this chance to rectify the issues.The bottom line being that if the issues are not resolved to my satisfaction I will be cancelling the account no matter what the contract states. :eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Macker1 wrote:
    After a recent formal complaint to IBB I received a phone call from a customer service manager who apologised for the poor & erratic service that IBB where providing he explained that IBB where treating my complaint with concern and that he would be ensuring that the issues got looked at immediately.

Issues which I'm certain other people are having

High Pings / Latency
    Poor Download Speeds
    Poor Customer service
    Lack of commitment
    In general a 2MB line performing like a 56k dialup

The CS manager informed me that a colleague would be intouch later that day to start the ball rolling. True to his word another person did ring and after some discussion the issue was escalated to a second line group which will investigate the issue to completion. I expect to hear from them by Monday 16th August. I was given a direct email address for the CS manager and he expressed his wish that I email him directly on the quality of the service and the professionalism of the customer service dept.

This hopefully is the start of an improved focus by IBB. I'm willing to give them this chance to rectify the issues.The bottom line being that if the issues are not resolved to my satisfaction I will be cancelling the account no matter what the contract states. :eek:

I take it they did not offer any refunds for the lousy service? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I agree that's a step in the right direction. Too late for me though.
    Requested contract termination 3 times over the past 3 months. Still hasn't happened.

However, I can't keep IBB as I've moved to my home office where I had to get 2 broadband lines for upload speed.

They really messed me about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Ardent

F*ck them. Was on the phone to Smart, I'm moving on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I doubt they will ever offer any one a refund despite the bad service we have had for months. Why do you think they work by direct debit, they get the money one way or another, i`ll never use easy pass for their toll bridge now.
    That said It has improved over the last week but still a good bit off what broacband should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭uteotw

I was on the 1Mbit 8:1 contention... for a while now... since I was moved to the VL gear everything was fine. Speed always to the max when I wanted, pings low...perfect.

Since they upgraded me to 2Mbit and now 3Mbit lite 24:1 contention I barely reach 1Mbit speed, more often around 700kbit... it sometimes goes to 1.5Mbit... when ever it wants no consistant time or weekday. But I've never seen it above 2Mbit.

Their 3Mbit offer is a joke.

I was back home (abroad) in august where my parents have a 4Mbit cable connection and it was always available at 4Mbit anytime of the day or the week.

IBB are expanding to fast for their network and all the 2Mbit and 3Mbit offer are just marketing traps.

In reality their offer still behave like a 1Mbit.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

seems that IBB are so f*cked up they can't even take a direct debit from my account..have emailed and rang support several times to no avail..i know what i'm going to tell them when they eventually come looking for payment..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

I doubt they will ever offer any one a refund

That's not to say you can't demand it. I had IBB for 6 months and got a refund for everything including install charge less the 2 months it worked properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Macker1

If its a case that the service doesn't improve I will be requesting a refund in lieu of the 2mb service not being provided. If they refuse to entertain me I will cancel the contract with immediate affect for breach of service levels. :cool:

A week has gone by, no response to the issues that I'm still having. Sent two further emails today with included docs indicating the dismal service that IBB are providing.

Its nearly time to pull the plug and let the patient pass away.

Rgds

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Macker1 wrote:
    A week has gone by, no response to the issues that I'm still having. Sent two further emails today with included docs indicating the dismal service that IBB are providing.

Its nearly time to pull the plug and let the patient pass away.

Rgds

Mark
    Are you honestly surprised....

• Advertisement

JUst back off the holidays, enail waiting from IBB stating how sorry they were for the issues. I have been given 2 months credit and will be getting moved to the new Parkwest mast when it comes on-stream. Although IBB said thsi would be in the next 2-3 weeks, I have my doubts as I seen mention of Parkwest on these forums in the past and that was a number of months ago.

I sent an email back today staing that if the move does not happen in a quick timeframe they will get the bullet. Secondly assuming the move happens if the service does not improve I'll shoot another bullet.

I will keep you all appraised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

I had all these problems with Irishbroadband and said no way am i taking thiscrap so i told the bank to stop ant payments to them and rang IBB and told
    them that i had done that, this is after going through hell with them.

but some girl prob a boss or something who knows rang me and said we are
    real sorry but there has been a big problem with the mast you are on and will
    you give it a few days and i promise all the problems will be fixed.
    I taught bull$hit but she was not lien its been so so good since then all the time
    i could never get them out look at the speeds i get 24/7

[IMG][/img]untitled.jpg

How could i not be happy with that, and my pings are real low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

[IMG][/img]undstitled.jpg

I'm trying to be patient but it is becoming most difficult.

The move to the Parkwest mast had better resolve the issues or IBB will lose another customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

I've just realised that IBB is a subsidiary of NTR, the clown's responsible for the M50 shambles. Another reason not to go near this provider, seem's like it's standard company policy for them to rob and frustrate the vast majority of their customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

revileandy wrote:
    I've just realised that IBB is a subsidiary of NTR, the clown's responsible for the M50 shambles. Another reason not to go near this provider, seem's like it's standard company policy for them to rob and frustrate the vast majority of their customers.

yes and IBB suffer from bottle necks, traffice jams, lost cars/packets too at peak times!! and its a waste of money!! lol

I think they need Eddie Hobbs to ruffle thier feathers !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I think they need Eddie Irvine, that migh speed them up.

Even Eddie Irvine's Ferrari won't get you trough the toll bridge any quicker....LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

IBB have somw major things in the pipeline accourding to my sources... Seriously watch this space.

IBB have somw major things in the pipeline accourding to my sources... Seriously watch this space.

The only major things in their pipeline appear to be blockages! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ah no now you know my contacts Dub45, You know who I know and I'm telling ya major pipelines and WiMax afoot.

Probobly at the same rate as Shell's major pipeline....LOL

6Month timeframe.

Even if they were to provide the service as advertised say from next Monday it would excuse the fact that on their own admission (if posters here are to be believed) IBB are currently lying through their teeth to customers and not providing what people are paying for. They do not seem to have sufficient capactiy to provide existing customers with what they are paying for and still go on signing up new oness. They appear to provide appalling customer service. What reputable Company would behave in that way? Companies like that should simply be closed down and it might teach a few of the others out there a lesson.

You know that that isnt the onl;y experience of IBB though man, mine has been excellent as ya know!

You know that that isnt the onl;y experience of IBB though man, mine has been excellent as ya know!

Thats largely irrelevant - they dont deserve any credit for supplying what people are paying them to provide - we should be able to take that for granted and not be grateful for it.

As per my post they are deceiving people and not providing what people are paying them for and making false claims apparently on their own admission.

Comreg are far too lenient with these Companoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I have never ever gotten anywhere remotely near those speeds with IBB,usually it's at the other end
    ricey wrote:
    [IMG][/img]undstitled.jpg

I use soulseek all the time,my download speed has dropped over the last few months from 3.2 KS to a paltry 1.9 KS and it keeps dropping,has anyone else suffered a similar fate?Seems it's a waste of time contacting IBB as i have several times :mad:

dub45 wrote:
    Even if they were to provide the service as advertised say from next Monday it would excuse the fact that on their own admission (if posters here are to be believed) IBB are currently lying through their teeth to customers and not providing what people are paying for. They do not seem to have sufficient capactiy to provide existing customers with what they are paying for and still go on signing up new oness. They appear to provide appalling customer service. What reputable Company would behave in that way? Companies like that should simply be closed down and it might teach a few of the others out there a lesson.
    Spot on there mate,unfortunately im stuck with them for the next 9 fuc**n months,is there anything at all i can do to get out of this contract?

• Advertisement

jonny68 wrote:
    Spot on there mate,unfortunately im stuck with them for the next 9 fuc**n months,is there anything at all i can do to get out of this contract?

I wonder has anyone reported them to the Director of Consumer Affairs? False advertising etc etc or does the DCA have any jurisdiction in the Telecoms area?

Advertisement