Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Godskitchen , the point, november 2005, anyone know anything about it?

• 12-08-2005 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

anyone know anyting about godskitchen, the point november? i heard maura picotto and tiesto are playing, but it could be just rumours!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

hasnt this all stemmed from some clown finding the press release for the first one in november 2002 and thinking it was talking about this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

yes its going to be full of underage little scumbags all thinking they're great cause they're wired!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭sur_1_nuage

anyway you ll say again that i ve no respect ot that i m pissing all over the threads nanani nanana
    but Godskitchen sucks! so u d better leave it for the scumbags! ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Went to cream in the point a couple of times, same thing really.. Wasnt great.. 13 year old girls in belts for skirts and furry boots, more baseball caps than you can shake a stick at, couldnt really hear the music properly either, the acoustics in the place are sh*te... Id rather just go to a club, cheaper and no kids (in theory) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Landa2

ok i've been at the last two godskitchens', the mixing was some of the best i've heard coming from the dance scene in ages. only difference between me and everyone else was i was stone cold sober. i worked security at both (will admit its a heavy ass gig) butno one can dissagree that armins 3.5 hour set at godsk global gathering was impressive.

as for godskitchen november, im looking at going to this one. never found it harder to stand in position as when tiesto played adagio for strings and his remix of skin - faithlessness

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Corkgirl

anyone know when the tickets are going on? who else is playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

Landa2 wrote:
    never found it harder to stand in position as when tiesto played adagio for strings
    I cannot describe how much i love that CH00N. Tiesto is great. Imo he saved dance and made it more mainstream so more better DJs would give it a go. I hate all this phoney dance crap-80 songs remixed etc....REALLY GETS ON MY TITS :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I cannot describe how much i love that CH00N. Tiesto is great. Imo he saved dance and made it more mainstream so more better DJs would give it a go. I hate all this phoney dance crap-80 songs remixed etc....REALLY GETS ON MY TITS :mad: :mad:
    Tiesto's Adagio for Strings is remixed.

Ironically the original was apart of the soundtrack of "Platoon", a film released in the 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

Tiesto's Adagio for Strings is remixed.

Ironically the original was apart of the soundtrack of "Platoon", a film released in the 80s.
    Irony is not without a sense of humor...wasn't really a song though-as in not chart released during the 80s

and it was written in the 40s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Irony is not without a sense of humor...wasn't really a song though-as in not chart released during the 80s
    Yes it was a fake song.

Tiesto is certainly the saviour of dance music.

And I think it was actually originally written in the 30s Helix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

ye originally in platoon....adagio four strings....powerful music

And I think it was actually originally written in the 30s Helix.

thought it was the 40s (42) meself for some reason

ah sure ye got the jist anyway lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

El saviour Tiesto!

:rolleyes:

Advertisement