Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the ring road

• 12-08-2005 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

hey everyone, just wondering does anybody have any links to any information to the ring road thats going around limerick and the tunnel that will be going under the shannon. i find this stuff very intresting so if ye know anythng about it, please share and what do ye think of this ring road? the sooner its finished the better, less traffic in the city!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

you could try the websites of Limerick and Clare county council . the links are in the Local limerick Links sticky at the top of the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭spinalsly

what do you think of the ringroad billy?

i havent read anything about it as i have been busy of late, i ususally follow developments going on in and around the city and around it but have had my eye off the ball for the past few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭spinalsly

uyrugeiorhg5wf.jpg

hey billy this is what i found! what u think of the tolls though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

looks cool (you could of made the pic smaller lol) dont like the toll idea though

• Advertisement

i think having a toll on a road which is meant to ease traffic going through the city defeats the purpose of the road. a toll free road would encourage people to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

Hope they don't make a repeat of the mess they made of the Tipperary Rd/N24 junction, which is a pileup waiting to happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The NRA might have something on their website about it. http://www.nra.ie

Toll roads seem to be the fashion with Bertie and Co. We are already paying through our teeth for inferior roads but that is another debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I´m happy with it!

Now that our EU funding is running out, I think toll roads are the best option... espically since they´re is another way out to Shannon Airport... its not like you most pay!

Money would only have to come from Medical and socale and other deptments which would mess up the country... this road is more of a luxuary than a nessesary part of life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

whens the dicision being made about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

for your information the proposed tolls at the moment are

motor cycles 0.818
    cars 1.568
    buses 2.795
    lorries 2.795 - 5.046 (depending on size)

these have to be rounded off yet and will obvisously increase before the project is completed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I´m happy with it!

Now that our EU funding is running out, I think toll roads are the best option... espically since they´re is another way out to Shannon Airport... its not like you most pay!

Money would only have to come from Medical and socale and other deptments which would mess up the country... this road is more of a luxuary than a nessesary part of life!

Well I thought that was where the billions of euros from VRT, annual motor taxation and tax on fuel were going already. The M50 toll bridge in Dublin is a perfect example, I think it took less than 10 years for the Government to make back the money on the cost of building it from the toll. Now a private company runs it and the daily cost of using it has increased expedentially over the last couple of years and this is a purly profit making exercise.

Plus the Jack Lynch tunnel in Cork is "toll free" so why not ours if we must have a tunnel? What I can see might happen is that only motors who ocasionally drive the route will use the new tunnel and others who commute on a daily basis will stick with the normal root hence defeating the purpose of the ring road. An increase of say €4 per day (say €2 each way) x 5 days a week may put alot of strain on motorists especially if the high price of petrol continues to spiral out of control.

This is probably a debate for the Motor Forum but it is my 2 cent worth anyway. Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭zachler

Advertisement