Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Careers

• 12-08-2005 1:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭

Whats your plans.
    I have no idea - something with PCs i hope - programming or what ever.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭spinalsly

yup im going into fifth year, probably going to do sumthing with computers but my no.1 thing i want to do is sports journalism!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

My dad was a sports journalist :)

I want to be a teacher! ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Journalism i wouldnt mind - not sports mind.
    You'd make a good teacher roe :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

An astronaut. No, I'm completly serious, but I heard that there was a height limit (goddamn tallness) so there goes my LIFES DREAM! I'm still kinda bitter about it, but other that that I want to be a biochemical engineer. Yay science!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I did computer science in college. If I could go back in time, I wish I was given this advice -

Do a Business Degree.
    Then do a post-grad in IT/whatever-you're-interested-in.
    Then get a good management job or set up your own company.

Business degrees all the way!

• Advertisement

Journalism i wouldnt mind - not sports mind.
    You'd make a good teacher roe :p

My sister is a Journalist...and my dad was a news reporter as well as a sports journalist, he wrote for the Irish Press at one stage. and thanks bout the teacher thing ^_^

Flash - ill bash you on the head with a sledge hammer:p
    DublinDude - i havent done buisness studies for JC tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

Do it for Leaving thats all that matters.

Me. hmmm. Taoiseacht :D ..just kiddin.
    Well,
    - Economist
    - Historian
    - Politician
    - Lawyer

just some ideas...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Flashling wrote:
    An astronaut.
    Space cadet!!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I want to be a writer. As in novels. As in penniless. I'd also like to be a photographer or an artist. Drawing graphic novels or something.
    If I could be all of those things at the same time, it'd be great. And also, if I got paid for any of them, that would be a bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

something to do with Business and German
    stock exchange or summat heard theres big money in that

Always for the money jakass:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭*MmmPie*

Hmm...unemployment looks fun, yaay for sponging off the Government for a few years! Maybe a teacher, or a crisp-taster...

*MmmPie* wrote:
    Hmm...unemployment looks fun, yaay for sponging off the Government for a few years! Maybe a teacher, or a crisp-taster...

heh...when I grow up, I wanna be just like YOU!!!!! :D

I might flee the country and teach in England....I'm sure that'd be cool, but for the moment..Galway is first choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Rozabeez wrote:
    I might flee the country and teach in England....I'm sure that'd be cool, but for the moment..Galway is first choice.

Just make sure you teach in a girls school, the mixed / all-boys schools here are...not very nice to "fresh meat" :) .

Personally I still havent a clue what I want to do, I'll probably end up doing something with computers in college. My original plan was to just work in a netcafe until I got a cool job, but now I know that working in a netcafe is a hell of alot nicer than most min-wage jobs, it aint something I'd like to be doing day after day for the rest of my life..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Always for the money jakass:p
    i think you might be a cleric or something islamic style :p

Fobia wrote:
    Just make sure you teach in a girls school, the mixed / all-boys schools here are...not very nice to "fresh meat" :) .

Nah I was hoping to study in Galway, teach in Dublin.

Rozabeez wrote:
    Nah I was hoping to study in Galway, teach in Dublin.

Ah, Galway rocks to be a student alright :) .

It's just like the life I have now, only with less shams cus most of them grow up at that age..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ah to be a man-sham,twas my dream ;)

Flash - ill bash you on the head with a sledge hammer:p

Ah, thanks, I'll hold you to that!

• Advertisement

Jakkass wrote:
    i think you might be a cleric or something islamic style :p

Ice cream man ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Look for something you like, that you are good at and that will pay your way.

Victor wrote:
    Iam not good at anything :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I think I'll end up in the Media: Wether it's technical or journalism I think that's the way I'll go. But I'd love to be a pilot but I don't think it'll be an easy job to get.

Victor wrote:

Well the first usually leads the the second, and the third is no-way to live :)

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    I think I'll end up in the Media: Wether it's technical or journalism I think that's the way I'll go. But I'd love to be a pilot but I don't think it'll be an easy job to get.
    Actually this was my dream up until I was 12 or so. Just go to a flying school. Aer lingus take trainee Pilots. Sign up for that as soon as you can. If your up for it, it should be do-able.

Iam not good at anything :p
    Well, I used to say that, until I discovered my wonderful talent for monologue-ing. Now I have everything I need to become an evil villan, except for a horrible deformity. Poblatach, while you're sorting out my height, could you sort that out too?

i have a boiling frying pan.
    One bash to the face will sort it ;)

i have a boiling frying pan.
    One bash to the face will sort it ;)

A boiling frying pan? As in a frying pan in a big pot of boiling water? Now that's a weapon.

• Advertisement

Thats some scary sh!t...wouldnt wanna be hit with that lol :p

Advertisement