Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonights EL action

• 12-08-2005 8:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

11 August
    Bohs 1 Bray 0

12 August 2005
    St Patrick's Athletic - Derry City Home
    UCD - Longford Town away
    Waterford United - Shamrock Rovers Home

13 August 2005
    Finn Harps - Drogheda United home

Monday
    Cork vs Shels away be fun.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

3 big games there, two affecting the top of the table (Cork-Shels is a monster) and one at t'other end (Waterford-Rovers)

Lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Tonight will really test Derrys mettle. They can close the gap at the top to one point, and with them playing City next week at the Brandywell, they could possibly go 2 points clear, should they beat Pats and City, and should City lose to both Shels and Derry. Come on Pats, do us a big favour.

Waterford Vs Shams wont be a good game, but after Waterfords battling point against City last week, their tails will be up. If they lose this, they are gone, simple as. Prediction 2-0 Waterford

UCD Vs Longford. 0-1. Longford are creeping into Euro contention (shudder), and another 3 points tonight will give Drogs a scare. UCD are safe enough to avoid relegation already.

Harps Vs Drogs. 1-1. Drogs are not a good team. Harps are struggling badly, but I see them scraping a point from this one.

City Vs Shels. Biggest game of the season. Will Citys exhausting UEFA cup game throw them off Monday night? Or will the tails be up? What will Shels frame of mind be after last mondays circus? George is suspended which is a blow, but Roys suspension has been lifted, so hopefully he will do as good a job on Heary as he did in Tolka a few months ago. Prediction 0-2 :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

gimmick wrote:
    Prediction 0-2 :mad:

Reverse psychology? Or covering your ass with a I told you so/at least we got a draw/bloody great win chaps??? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Dundalk lost 2-1 to kildare last night

at the match very bad and stephen mcguinness has to go

Reverse psychology? Or covering your ass with a I told you so/at least we got a draw/bloody great win chaps??? ;)

Reverse psycology, superstition, I dont know what you will call it, but I never ever predict a City win in top of the table clashes and/or games cup matches.

I also think City will lose to Derry next friday, and I honestly dont think City will win the league (though should City collect 6 points in the next 2 games, Ill change that attitude!).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

The CCFC Vs Shels game is going to be huge. we really have to get a result down there, 3 points sound be brilliant but its a mountain to climb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

At this stage, even a win is irrelevent. We're out of the title race. We need the points for second place, however. Plus beating Cork in Cork is always a fun, a throwback to the Dolan era :) But no matter what, it will be some game.

For tonight, the TV game should be decent enough, better than the travesty that was last weeks game anyway. A real challenge for Derry, a game they are expected to win, the kind of game that title winners pick up points in without fail and the kind of game that can seperate those from the also rans. Pats are in such a poor state atm I can't see an upset on the cards, but they could frustrate them and get a draw out of it. Derry will need their attacking players on form, a real performance from new signing McCourt is needed I think.

Waterford v Rovers will no doubt not be an entertainment fest but so so important for both teams. I actually think Rovers will nick it, Waterford are in complete freefall, a massive massive win for them and massive massive loss for Waterford if they do.

UCD v Longford well it isn't one to get the pulses racing. Home win more than likely.,

^ Is the Pats Vs Derry game on TV? Where?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Hey, what about Athlone vs Mons?
    huh, huh?

I reckon with our 4 new singings we have a chance to win this game and get started on a winnign roal and push up the table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

19:30

Sacar Beo
    Live coverage of St. Patricks Athletic v Derry City in the Eircom League from Richmond Park. Presented by Richie Ó hEadhra with commentary by Garry Mac Donncha.

On Sky tv guide says Cork and Shels.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

I'm hoping derry slip up, I'm resigned to cork winning the league (tough 4 a shels supporter to say, but its good and honestly important for the league that shels dont win it 3 times in a row, and the league badly needs a high profile team outside of dublin) so Im hoping derry slip up so shels can nab 2nd place and the UEFA cup.

I am kind of resigned to Shels losing the league as well. I know we cant win it every year but I wouldnt want to finish third, UEFA Cup is a necessity for us. Hopefully St Pats can do us a favour:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Hopefully St Pats do the league a favour and lose not that Derry will need any to beat them.I am sick of hearing shels fans whining about Rovers fans time after time when the Rovers supporters cause trouble but yet when their own fans/players/club officals resort to thuggery it doesn't merit the same outcry.

1-0 Pats HT , entertaining game both teams playing well, we actually look like a team :eek: Nice to see Doyle has a Stroiyker to play too (been that long since i seen one in Richer cant even spell it).

Nice goal well taken by Armstrong for his 1st goal for the club. Cant see us playing well for full 90 expect Derry to step up in 2nd half and just let Mc Court have the ball, **** he needs some close loving Darragh Maguire style :D

Kdjac

A good game I reckon, Pats better than I expected and Derry worse than expected.

Come on Pats, hold on! (NEVER thought I'd ever say that)

Derry is just after equalising.. dreadful stuff... come on pats

Very lucky goal. But, 1-1 is not a good result at all for Derry, I'm happy with that one.

yeah, makes our 3-3 drama with drogs a bit more pateable.

Decent game 2nd half we tried to finsih the game and have Ryan to thank that we got a point.

Why on gods earth did we get an indirect free for a handball in the box, Trendy ref was doing alright till that.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

KdjaC wrote:
    Decent game 2nd half we tried to finsih the game and have Ryan to thank that we got a point.

Why on gods earth did we get an indirect free for a handball in the box, Trendy ref was doing alright till that.

kdjac

i thought that was for a backpass?

anyway enjoyable game, good result for us in Cork.. barry ryan was top class in goals.. have to say it was the first game i wathced on TG4 and i though they did a good job

• Advertisement

Roar wrote:
    i thought that was for a backpass?

O Connor beat 3 men unleashed a shot and think it was Martyn blocked his face and ball hit his hands, was going in top corner obviously, ref gave indirect free :confused:

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I had a tenner on Pats to win ht/ft at 11/2. Didn't really see the 2nd half but what was Dunne doing at the end of the first half. All he had to do was hit the ball at the goal and it most likely would have been 2-0. He tried to control it.

Advertisement