Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Away Team Experiment - Bookies

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

eirebhoy wrote:

Thanks for those links. I looked at the Punters lounge. Looking at it quickly, lo and behold, but there doesnt seem to be a definite winning betting system for football. e: there's no sticky with: "Use this system, you cannot lose". But, its an interesting forum all the same.

Here is a link that mentions the 1-1 draws system:
    http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17620font

The guy is going fr 1-0's in France, but as the other posters ask, has it been backtested? Its all very well watching a system as the season progresses, but even if in one season a pofit is made, there is no proof that it is a winning system, it could be an anomaly.

redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

redspider wrote:
    As there are international games on, does anyone have a system for those or is it better just to ignore these for betting?

In my experience, the favourites slip up much less often than in domestic club competition, because the groups are shorter, and the margin for error is a lot less than in a 38 game season. Home advantage can of course also be much more of a factor than in club competition. System guaranteed to win money? Not sure about that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Did anyone bother to follow the proposed systems last week, or has interest waned?

The two forums eirebhoy pointed out above are probably the best place to go to follow football/sport betting systems. Some of the folks there probaly have some historical data that a proposed system can be tested (backtested) against. It beats watching the paint dry, I mean, watching the EPL and looking out for 0-0 and 1-1 draws between the Bolton's and the Birmingham's .....

redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

To be honest I totally forgot about it this weekend. I think the best course of action may be to wait until 10 games have been played and then select the list of teams that qualify for the system. The qualifiers I selected were based on last seasons results and since the makeup of most teams has changed(in some cases dramatically) it might be worth letting the early season for settle down before having another bash at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Here's a system for betfair members. The "Pascal Cygan system". Each time he is named in Arsenal's starting XI, lay the hell out of Arsenal. They only won 45% of games where he started last season. Trades a profit in the long term. Of course every so often the bald fool will pop up and actually score twice into the right net, so I accept no liability...

Advertisement