Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6230i SMS problem with vodafone sim

• 12-08-2005 9:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have an o2 supplied 6230i, i unlocked it and started using it with my vodafone sim card. I spoke with vodafone and they gave me the settings.
    However shortly afterwards i was unable to text. I get a message "Not allowed send text", it works fine with an O2 sim, and the vodafone sim works fine in the old phone. Once i put any vodafone sim in it won't let me text.
    Have vodafone done something???

Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

thediggers wrote:
    I have an o2 supplied 6230i, i unlocked it and started using it with my vodafone sim card. I spoke with vodafone and they gave me the settings.
    However shortly afterwards i was unable to text. I get a message "Not allowed send text", it works fine with an O2 sim, and the vodafone sim works fine in the old phone. Once i put any vodafone sim in it won't let me text.
    Have vodafone done something???

Any ideas??

go to messages then > message settings > sending profile > default profile .message center number > which should read if your a Vodafone customer should be +35387699989 if it isnt cnage then try :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 paul_the_red

i think you need a new sim card,,,,, my mate has the same prob on his 6230i with a meteor frre sim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 thediggers

Tried another vodafone sim same problem, message centre number is correct.
    Any other ideas? Thanks for replies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭JCB1

Any solution, I have the same problem,

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Ring up the helpline, then if that doesn't work, bring it back to the shop.
    They're only new on Vodafone so maybe there's still some stuff to iron out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Sh1t, I have a 6230i on the way from o2, and i need it to work with meteor.. hope it does..it'll be here tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭JCB1

Problem solved, 6230i requires a 64k sim, drop into any Vodafone shop and they will give it to you.

JCB

I was in a voda shop on monday and they were selling the 6230i.
    They had them since last friday.
    They've stopped selling them now as there has been a problem with the battery and the phone switching off every minute.
    Loads of them have been left back for this reason.

Advertisement