Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Imported Cars First Tax

Options
  • 12-08-2005 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Folks,

A quick one here, i've imported my car and have to tax it. Can i tax it in any office, or do I need to go to one in the county is regg'd in? i.e. Live and reg'gd in lucan, and work in Naas, would be much handier to tax it down here...

Any help much appreciated

-Roy

p.s. given its an import, do i need to have it NCT'd before they will tax it, I didn't have to do it for a car before....

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I believe that the car needs to be registered to an address within that particular local authority area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭thatkindofgirl

You won't be able to NCT your car until you tax it, actually.

And you just post off the RF100 form with a cheque for the correct amount to your local authority tax office (ring ahead of time to confirm details). It's about 4 days.

I've just finished going through that with my new car.

Advertisement