Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone apply for the new Architecture Degree in WIT?

Options
  • 12-08-2005 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Just saw this on their website a couple of days ago. New 5 year deree in Architecture. Did anyone apply?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

5 year degree??? Sounds slightly suspicious (and yes, I am too lazy to go look for myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Beebox

The website doesn't give much information. It doesn't tell you what subjects you'll be studying or what date you have to apply by. I'd be suspicious too.

Wait there is a date, the 12th of August, which is over now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Baffled

Why does it sound suspicious?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Because under current conditions a student can do either a 3 year degree or a 4 year honours degree.

Looking at this WIT degree it is a 3 year degree and a 2 year degree sandwiched together :S It is a little bit unusual to say the least.

Maybe its a 3 year degree, then 2 years add on honours degree. Which seems pointless when you can do a 4 year honours degree elsewhere presumeably. Why waste a year for the same qualification?? When you could have a year of a masters done by the time you would graduate from this degree??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Baffled

Is this the same course as the new architecture course in UL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

Typical, a load of architecture courses appear a year after i wanted them to, thats just fantastic! :mad: - oh well im happy in my current course :rolleyes:

be warned tho architecture is one of the most competitive and arduous careers to get into - id expect any architecture course(without aptitude tests) to weigh in at around the 500 points requirement mark :p

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Beebox

Waterford is an initial 3 year BSc in Architecture to be followed by a 2 year BArch professional qualification.
    Limerick is a five year degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 galway_student

The formats of the in Limerick and Waterford are different but they're both commonplace. There is nothing suspicious about either of them. All credible BArch degrees take five years of study to complete (and usually a year out working after the first three years). This is why some courses award you a BSc in Architecture after three years. A BSc in Architecture is not as good a qualification as a BArch.

Advertisement