Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Goodmans 7205 USB MP3 Head unit

Options
  • 12-08-2005 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hello there boys and girls

Bought one of these off argos yesterday and its the business, has a nice little usb input and everything + comes with a 64mb flash drive to play with.
    Thats all great, but being a geek, I straight away got the idea of sticking an 80gb 2.5in hard disk with USB caddy into it, therefore turning it into an 80gb portable mp3 player.
    I reckon if all the files were in the root directory it would work, be a pain in the neck to browse thru, but still cool if it worked.
    Anyone any experience with anything similar/the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Yea it will work no problem from what ive seen of a roadster head unit ive seen (Re branded goodmans unit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

Seen that roadstar one on ebay, knew it looked fairly similar.
    So it does work fine yeah??
    Deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

yea i seen one working with an iriver h320 and they are just a moble hard drive with a mp3 player so i presume it will work
    Pete

Good stuff lad, ordering a 2.5" caddy now.
    Brilliant, this head unit is even better than I thought it was.
    Recommended.
    Doubt goodmans even know its this useful, its not even on their site (the model).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Does it play MP3 CDs?

• Advertisement

It does indeed.
    €139.99 incl. a 64mb USB key
    Nay bad at all, considering the closest MP3 CD player anywhere in dublin that I could find was €190 from halfords, and that was nothing special.
    Good sound out of it aswell (4x22W RMS, 4x40Max), does the job grand for my sony xplods. Cant bear to put it over 70% volume, but it can take more without distortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

peterk19 wrote:
    yea i seen one working with an iriver h320 and they are just a moble hard drive with a mp3 player so i presume it will work
    Pete

Really! my friend bought this radio and my iriver h320 wont work with it. haven't bothered trying to put all the files in 1 directory though. do you know if this was the case with the iriver you say working with it??

Advertisement