Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership Plus - Sky Sports

• 12-08-2005 11:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭

Is it worth getting the season ticket?

I am getting NTL digital installed in the next week or so. I'm getting sky sports (obviously), but I'm just wondering is it better to get the prem + season ticket or pay for games individually?

Everton will be on it 5 or 6 times this season, so i would definitely pay for those.

Did you find that you watched a lot of other games as well?

Value for money?

I'll stick a poll up for this as well....

Prem plus -> Season Ticket, Value for Money? 19 votes

Yes, I watched my own team and many other games
    0%
    No, just buy games individually
    89%
    PHBSerbianShredMrJoeSoapDrag00n79StickyMcGintyDavey DevilcruiserweightSooner or LaterChardee MacDennisRustySpoonGreen_MartianNecronomiconcountyyermandanhomerjay2005Davei141 17 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    10%
    spocketyErinGoBrath 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Definately worth the money I think, I'm ordering it today. Last season I didn't get it at the start, until I wanted to see the United vs. Palace game at OT. But instead of ordering the match, I decided to order the rest of the season. (Remember, you can order the last half of the season when it's coming up to Christmas instead of getting the whole thing.)
    That said, I haven't seen this season's fixtures, but I'm going to get it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Just got mine yest with Sky only €70, thats 1.50 game, individulay cames cost up to €9.

Third_Echelon.........i would get Sky insalled as it is a better service, i have seen the problems ppl have with ntl digital.

The Prem Plus gives you the choice of watching other top of the table clashes or relegation clashes, it is value for money but buy it quick before it goes back up to a €120 plus

PS: if everton are on it 6 times that would roughly cosdt about €60 for just 6 games, may aswell pay the extra 15 with NTL and get the lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Gkelly2002 wrote:
    Third_Echelon.........i would get Sky insalled as it is a better service, i have seen the problems ppl have with ntl digital.

I have no choice unfortunately. I cant put a dish on my apartment building, otherwise i'd have sky digital installed in a flash...
    Gkelly2002 wrote:
    The Prem Plus gives you the choice of watching other top of the table clashes or relegation clashes, it is value for money but buy it quick before it goes back up to a €120 plus

PS: if everton are on it 6 times that would roughly cosdt about €60 for just 6 games, may aswell pay the extra 15 with NTL and get the lot
    yeah good point...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Sorry didn't know you could not get it installed....
    But nice to see you would have got Sky.........( and no i don't work for them ha ha..)

Well here is to Sat may the best team win (Utd of course)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

I too bought the half season at Christmas last year as Liverpool were on about 4-5 times over the space of two weeks, so it worked out much cheaper to buy the half season rather than the individual games. I did watch a lot of other games too but I found they showed feck all games on it after March and sore I wouldn't pay for the full season. That was until I saw the list of games being shown this season and Liverpool are on it 4 times out of the 6 televised games so far, so I bought it on Tuesday :o I personally think I pay enought to subscribe to Sky Sports without having to pay an additional €70 to see my team, but it is value for money to buy the full season when you compare it to purchasing the games individually I s'pose :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Gkelly2002 wrote:
    Sorry didn't know you could not get it installed....
    But nice to see you would have got Sky.........( and no i don't work for them ha ha..)

Well here is to Sat may the best team win (Utd of course)
    I had sky digital in my previous place and i definitely prefer it.... no lag when changing channels...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Not going to bother myself, checked the list up to Xmas and nearly 90% of the games are on a Sat and Im busy most Sat so didnt bother....only 2 games from list on a Monday so will buy them myself it around!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭SteM

Will probably do what I did last season and get it after Christmas for half price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Assuming you will watch all your teams games on it, you will definitely be better off getting the season ticket. I watched so many games on it after Christmas last season I've got it all season now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭SteM

I wouldn't watch all of the games on Prem +, only United or the odd 'big' match. There's enough Premiership football on Sky Sports, Setanta and RTE now to keep me going until after Christmas when the games really feel like they start meaning something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement