Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New UTV ClickSilver Tarriffs and Packages?

• 12-08-2005 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

I recently cancelled my UTV clicksilver account...
    Was online checking for my last statement (late as usual!) and I noticed that they have new tarriffs being advertised
    (Apologies if this has been published before)

Sorry also that I can't link to this page directly as its on an SSL link...

Looks like instead of increasing the caps on their standard package they have simply increased the proice by €2 a month!

And brought out another one of thoise Timed packages similar of Eircom and Imagine....

UTV have really lost touch with reality :mad: :mad:
    Thank god for NTL and Smart!

you can change from your current New Clicksilver tariff to one of our new services.

Please note: A change in your tariff will not be effective until 01 September 2005. If you decide to migrate your New Clicksilver subscription to a new clicksilver service you will be bound a new contract (please read the terms and conditions relating to this new contract by clicking here). If you wish to cancel this new contract you will be charged a cancellation fee of €59.99 during the first six month of the contract or €29.99 after 6 months.

If you are choosing to downgrade your current tariff to a slower speed or to the Lite product then a one off charge of €29.99 will be applied to your account.

The terms and conditions for the new Clicksilver services differs from your current Clicksilver service, you must read and agree to these new terms and conditions before applying for one of the new services.

CLICKSILVER Lite 1MB

Only €23.99 per month

8GB download cap

20 hours usage per month ****

48:1 contention ratio

Lo-Call Rate Technical Support

CLICKSILVER 1MB

Only €31.99 per month

8GB download cap

48:1 contention ratio

CLICKSILVER PLUS! 2MB

Only €41.99 per month

16GB download cap

24:1 contention ratio

**** We advise ALL customers to switch off their modem and PC when NOT in use to avoid being charged for over usage. If you go over the 20 hours per month, we will charge you 3.5 cents per minute up to a maximum of 750 minutes per calendar month (€26.25). Once you reach this cap the maximum you will be charged €48.24 each month. Your account will not be suspended, but you will be liable for bandwidth over-usage charges once you reach you 8GB limit of 1.5 cents per MB.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

It's an extra €2 if you opt not to get UTV Talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

If you dont take UTV Talk then it would cost you €31.99 or €41.99. But if you do take it then it will still cost 29.99 or 39.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

A price increase? What a joke UTV are. Off to BT with me straight away.

OFDM wrote:
    A price increase? What a joke UTV are. Off to BT with me straight away.

There is no price increase. They just charge you a bit extra if you dont take the phone package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 903 ✭✭✭geecee

Arabel:
    Are you working for UTV or something???

It is a price increase!

And its easy to offer lo-call technical support if nobody is ever going to answer the phone!

They should be giving more for less
    Not same for More!

At this rate only the mentally insane would sign-up or stay with UTV once their contracts are up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

It says "Only €29.99 per month" on my account page, under New Services. Maybe it's because I use Talk and their line rental thing. Not for long mind you, Clicksilver should be turned off any day now.

Actually has anyone else noticed that the 8GB cap cut-off (i.e. if you go over your cap you're not allowed reconnect til the next month) isn't working? Their bandwidth usage page said I was at 8.7GB yesterday, but it somehow reconnected last night. Yes, cap choice is still set to "suspend after cap... yadayada". Happened at the end of last month too. Maybe it's a goodbye present to people who cancel the damn thing :x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

UTV have gone to shít!!!

I see no reason why people would choose UTV BB over BT BB as its just more expensive(too lazy to do the math but we all know if already).

And if you break their CAp....then your going to certainly pay up for every last MB you download over it!!!!

geecee wrote:
    Arabel:
    Are you working for UTV or something???

It is a price increase!

And its easy to offer lo-call technical support if nobody is ever going to answer the phone!

They should be giving more for less
    Not same for More!

At this rate only the mentally insane would sign-up or stay with UTV once their contracts are up...

:D No I'm not as it happens just another customer.

With UTV you used to have to take their phone package so it was only 29.99/39.99 (IIRC, it was higher than 39.99 at the start might have come down though I'm not too sure.)

It is not a price increase because you cannot increase the price of something that hadn't existed. People who signed up with UTV talk will have no price increase. People who signed up without talk dont have a price increase because it was never any lower.

And as for tech support, first time I rang them had to wait for 25 mins. The next 2 times I rang them I got through straight away . Didnt it used to be free phone for support?

Actually, reading this does make it seem like I do work for them.

And there is no logical reason (other than the phone package) for people to choose UTV over BT.

Advertisement