Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'CC' on a reg plate?

Options
  • 12-08-2005 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

I noticed a nice Bentley parked in town today. In the corner of the reg plate was 'CC' - what does this mean? I also notice that there seems to be a designation for limousines now...why don't they fall under the taxi/hackney classification?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Isn't it like CD (Corps Diplomatique), but for the Consulate instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

I think it's a car owned/driven by a diplomat. You might notice no tax/insurance in the window cos they are exempt. At least that's what someone told me before.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

BrianD wrote:
    I also notice that there seems to be a designation for limousines now...why don't they fall under the taxi/hackney classification?
    I guess it's reasonable that they're not really a normal taxi/hackney service. People don't hail limos or ring them up five minutes before they're required.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

Alun has it - CC is for consular corps. That particular car belongs to Gerard Kean, celebrity solicitor, who's also hon. consul for Chile.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

TJM wrote:
    Alun has it - CC is for consular corps. That particular car belongs to Gerard Kean, celebrity solicitor, who's also hon. consul for Chile.

Thats would be Gerald Kean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

sharkman wrote:
    Thats would be Gerald Kean
    No. Gerard Kean it is.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

TJM wrote:
    No. Gerard Kean it is.

Look , its . Gerald Kean , he is my sisters Solicitor ..

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Victor wrote:
    Happy?

Delieriously so :rolleyes:

Thread closed (if there was a Social & Personal board I'd move it there)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement