Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband

• 12-08-2005 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

I am an existing NTL customer for broadband and basic tv. Can I get rid of basic tv and still keep the broadband. I think I am in a twelve month contract for BB. Can I get out of this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You will defo need to keep the NTL line going into your place for the BB, but as far as I know you can can the tv service; I'm presuming you want to go to Sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dillon_the_rabb

bruachain wrote:
    You will defo need to keep the NTL line going into your place for the BB, but as far as I know you can can the tv service; I'm presuming you want to go to Sky

Er, I hate to tell you this, but you cant have bb without the tv. I know, because I have had this out with them 2 weeks ago.

NTL told me that because the bb runs on the same network as the telly, you have to keep the telly if you want the BB. Its physically impossible to cut off the telly, and still use the BB.

I asked if that meant I would be paying 55 bucks a month for BB (35 for BB & 20 for tv) and the manager bloke wouldn't say yes, he just kept on spouting the official company line (see para above!)

Let us know how you get on.

DTR

Advertisement