Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USA PSP 2.00 Patch??

• 12-08-2005 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Where and when today?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

At the end of the network update button.
    What version are you on atm?

You can use the jap upgrade without any problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

dregin wrote:
    At the end of the network update button.
    What version are you on atm?

You can use the jap upgrade without any problems.

Got it earlier on. I mostly wanted it for the WPA encryption. The browser is not bad, but unfortunately my game doesn't work with the WPA connection.

Incidently: I got my PSP with wipeout about a month ago but haven't seen any other games that I'd bother buying. I was looking at Ape escape but not sure about it. Any suggestions would be welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Mercury
    Lumines
    Ridge Racer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭klingklang

Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee
    Ridge Racer
    Lumines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Ridge Racer (definatley)
    Lumines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Guys, if you want to be able to play games for FREE you should not update your firmware to version 2.0.....just a note!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

madmoe wrote:
    Guys, if you want to be able to play games for FREE you should not update your firmware to version 2.0.....just a note!

does that apply to the jap version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

madmoe wrote:
    Why bother buying any games or movies when you can just download them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

homebrew apps only run on 1.00/1.50 not 1.51 and 1.52 before anyone gets there hopes up. For example i think it was you sparky who said you had to get used to the X and 0 buttons on the JAP psp in a thread below, well theres a homebrew app that swaps these buttons around so its just like a US psp when playing games, this is just one small benefit of having a 1.50, hopefully they make it so all region movies work :) .

btw: anyone know if xtravision will games/movies to rent?

Tiger woods is a brilliant game if you like it on the consoles and you just like to play a quick round every so often.

I think sony must have found a hole in the japanese firmware and are trying to fix it for the US release, it doesnt make sense if there waiting this long to release and its supposedly the same file basically.

homebrew apps only run on 1.00/1.50 not 1.51 and 1.52 before anyone gets there hopes up. For example i think it was you sparky who said you had to get used to the X and 0 buttons on the JAP psp in a thread below, well theres a homebrew app that swaps these buttons around so its just like a US psp when playing games, this is just one small benefit of having a 1.50, hopefully they make it so all region movies work :) .

btw: anyone know if xtravision will games/movies to rent?

Doubt it, but you never know.
    Tiger woods is a brilliant game if you like it on the consoles and you just like to play a quick round every so often.

Quick round?! The loading times are an abortion, I traded it for Wipeout and I don't miss it one bit!
    I think sony must have found a hole in the japanese firmware and are trying to fix it for the US release, it doesnt make sense if there waiting this long to release and its supposedly the same file basically.

That makes sense, but surely somebody would have found this hole and hacked it already? Fingers crossed anyway.

• Advertisement

Tiger Woods loads in about 4/5 seconds from the MS.

Yep as dregin says its very quick to load off ms :) ,only played it for a minute on the umd. Running at 333mhz gets rid of any slowness too. If you have a 1.50 and you dont care about a browser/ dont have wirelss broadband, id have a long think about upgrading and then so no chance! Theres a good chance linux will be running on 1.50/1.00 , and probably a proper browser and ftp programs. I dont care about emu's as I have all of them on my xbox but all these other apps will be cool. There was a very good file manager released last week and im sure theres a lot more to come.

linux distros and windows 95 are already running on the bosch emulator for the PSP. Slow to load but fine once you're in there. problem wit linux is there's no keyboard, only a mouse so the console's useless at this point. You can play solitaire in windows 95 and stuff. It also has a virtual keyboard which you can use with mouse clicks to type.

The mouse is crazy though.

ah crap, i let my sis play with it this morning and while she was messing around she updated it to 2.00, while it was charging.
    although the web browser is a good addition.

Sparky_S wrote:
    ah crap, i let my sis play with it this morning and while she was messing around she updated it to 2.00, while it was charging.
    although the web browser is a good addition.
    Stinger!

damn i wanted to try out some homebrew apps.
    ive been googling and it seems theres a crack somewhere for the 2.00 version

http://www.psphacks.net/content/view/327/

btw is ver 2.00 out on the us psp's

Sparky_S wrote:
    damn i wanted to try out some homebrew apps.
    ive been googling and it seems theres a crack somewhere for the 2.00 version

http://www.psphacks.net/content/view/327/

btw is ver 2.00 out on the us psp's

hard luck man, that story was some newb at tom's hardware seeing a video of a file not getting an error. sw0ot it didnt actually do anything useful either. False alarm.

dregin wrote:
    hard luck man, that story was some newb at tom's hardware seeing a video of a file not getting an error. sw0ot it didnt actually do anything useful either. False alarm.

ah well, where theres a will theres a way.

1.51 improved security on 1.50 , 1.52 improved security on 1.51, 2.00 improved security on 1.52 ;)

Not looking too good atm, just stupid 13 yr old americans who spam every site saying they've cracked it just to get attention. 1.50s will be like gold dust soon and looks like videogamesplus have sold out again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

I'd say it will be a WHILE before they crack version 2.0 guys. Sorry to hear your got updated man (Sparky_S)

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭klingklang

The US V2.0 update is now officially available for those who want the browser and didn't go for the Japanese update weeks ago.
    http://www.us.playstation.com/psp.aspx?id=softwareupdate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

hey,

just a few questions from someone not in know:

1. From what i can gather you guys are saying, you can download iso files and run them off the memory stick? i updated to jap 2.0 so i cant do it right?

2. is there anyway to downgrade the firmware whatsoever?

3. surely most of the games will be bigger in size than the 980 megs that a stick can hold no?

the us and jap 2.0's are identical or are they?

i'm also presuming that the 2.0 firmware will get hacked soon enough. how long did the first one take to hack?

sorry for all the questions!! :o

thanks.

id like to know if a downgrade can be done also but sure im sure they will get a crack soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Sparky_S wrote:
    id like to know if a downgrade can be done also but sure im sure they will get a crack soon

yes me be happy too

hey,

just a few questions from someone not in know:

1. From what i can gather you guys are saying, you can download iso files and run them off the memory stick? i updated to jap 2.0 so i cant do it right?
    Correct.
    2. is there anyway to downgrade the firmware whatsoever?
    No.
    3. surely most of the games will be bigger in size than the 980 megs that a stick can hold no?
    The games are shrinkified to around a few hundred megs each.
    the us and jap 2.0's are identical or are ]they?
    As far as the features go, yes. But you'd wonder why they delayed the release of 2.0 for the American PSP's, they must have found something wrong with the Jap version. Wrong in a good way ;) .
    i'm also presuming that the 2.0 firmware will get hacked soon enough. how long did the first one take to hack?

sorry for all the questions!! :o

thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lilee2929

hi im in serious touble i need to convert my english psp back to version 1.50. i acccidentaly installed version 2.00 and need to go back please god help me im begging you all please let me know as soon as possible if i can down grade ora version 2.00 crack so i can run emulators.? please help me!! :(:(:(:(

Writing in blue makes people much less likeyl to bother replying.
    There's no downgrade from 2.0 yet. As far as I know, none of the hax0ords out there are trying to do it either. Getting the homebrew running on 2.0 is the main focus point.

Anyway, for the moment, you're gonna have to sit and wait.

thanks dude its ok im a patient guy i'll wait but still please let me know if anything comes around so i can run sum homebrew on version 2.00 :D
    i cant wait!!! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

lilee2929 wrote:
    hi im in serious touble i need to convert my english psp back to version 1.50. i acccidentaly installed version 2.00 and need to go back please god help me im begging you all please let me know as soon as possible if i can down grade ora version 2.00 crack so i can run emulators.? please help me!! :(:(:(:(
    #
    sorry but HAha
    no downgrades mate , specially not for 2

• Advertisement

http://www.psp-updates.com
    Morons run that site, but it tends to have absolutely every piece of news.

Placebo wrote:
    #
    sorry but HAha
    no downgrades mate , specially not for 2
    You don't run psp-updates by any chance?

hey man sup with the bitchin? i only lookin for help

yo man twizzle the nizzle

you dont accidently update your psp to 2.0, you have to confirm it and have your charger plugged in. If you spent five minutes before you "accidently" updated you would have found out that homebrew only runs on 1.00/1.50 and 2.00 can not be downgraded. Theres nothing you can do atm accept not accidentally update to 2.01 whenever its out and then read you can run homebrew on 2.00.

thnx neway i'll wait i only installed version 2.00 cus i was curios bout the web browser and was unaware bout not being able to revert back to version 1.50
    neway oh well my bad thnx for the help ;)

Advertisement