Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cleaning upholstery

Options
  • 12-08-2005 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

I noticed there are some water-marks on the back seats of my car. The seats are light grey, and it shows up pretty well.
    Could anyone recommend any products I could use for a DIY fix? Don't really want to fork out €€€ to valet it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I have the same problem (it's not a Ford by any chance is it?). Some generic car foam upholstery shampoo helped quite a bit, but it's still there if you look hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

get bardahl foam cleaner. its the dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

use a water based solvent and lots of elbow grease and really get the whole seat wet. If you can pull the seat out. I had the same problem from some flowers on the back seat. It worked but I had to get the seat really wet and use a nail brush on the whole seat. Mine was a velour type cloth seat and grey too. I think the solvent I used was an autoglym upolstry cleaner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Hey someone moved the goalposts I meant upHolstry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Autoglym Interior Shampooo is very good if you follow the instructions carefully. Halfords, about €7

• Advertisement
Advertisement