Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deise and Kilkenny Diesel owners read this!

Options
  • 12-08-2005 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

If you drive or run a diesel car/van then check out a new place on Ferrybank which sells bio-fuel (from rape seed) which is being sold at 70 cent a litre!

Leydonport Limited is located in Abbeylands Business Park in Ferrybank near the old Clover meats plant.

Mike.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'd imagien they may make abit of money
    but don't you need special equipment to get your engine to reach a certain temperature to use the biodiesel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not sure to be honest, I was under the impresion that refined rape seed derv was okay to use in existing systems.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'd say it would work fine, however it wouldnt do your engine any good in the long-term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭odie

Checked the manual on my Passat, and it says that so long as the Diesel is no more than 5% biofule mixed with diesel, it will be fine. They don't guarantee anything higher than that percentage mix will not cause problems.

Some info on the governments position.

http://www.dcmnr.gov.ie/Press+Releases/Minister+Dempsey+Announces+Excise+Relief+for+Eight+Biofuel+Projects.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭daithi

i wouldnet mind giving bioethanol a go, sounds like fun!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Trader1

Hello there,

Can anyone supply a telephone number for this biodiesel supplier??

Thanks in advance.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

that's great news. The biggest problem with biofuels is that the government imposes a 35% excise duty on it. The funny thing is that when the exact same biofuel is used as an ingredient in paint or whatever it can be sold cheaply without the excise...it's just a way to prevent biofuels from affecting petrol/diesel sales.

Look here for more info: http://www.eilishoils.com/

Advertisement