Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardware Firewall & Netopia Cayman Router

• 12-08-2005 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Am using a Netopia Cayman device from Eircom.net. I need to configure a VPN Firewall behind it. Want the Firewall to negotiate the IP address to be assigned using PPPoE. ANyone know how the Netopia should be configured
    to be invisible (transparent) and allow the Firewall to pickup the IP. Basically,
    I suppose I want the Netopia to behave as an ADSL modem and disable it's routing and firewall functionality

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 gforces

tmonks wrote:
    Am using a Netopia Cayman device from Eircom.net. I need to configure a VPN Firewall behind it. Want the Firewall to negotiate the IP address to be assigned using PPPoE. ANyone know how the Netopia should be configured
    to be invisible (transparent) and allow the Firewall to pickup the IP. Basically,
    I suppose I want the Netopia to behave as an ADSL modem and disable it's routing and firewall functionality
    Hey -

You need to put your netopia in transparent/bridging mode. I use astaro security linux and it works just fine. Having said that, it worked without it being in transparent mode too!
    Let me know what firewall you're using and how you got on.

Advertisement