Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in rural Wexford.

• 12-08-2005 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

Can anyone here give me an update on the availabilty of broadband (wired or wireless) in rural Wexford? Especially the area between Gorey & Enniscorthy.
    Might be spending a few months working in the area in a few months and would like to check out the options.

E.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Yeah, i'm near enniscorthy myself and am in the middle of the sticks. I'm not sure about BB availability rurally, the only option really is satellite bb from somone like skydsl or digiweb.ie but that costs a packet, if you tell me what exchange you'll be hooked up to i'll probably be able to find out from my friend who works for digiweb whether or not it's up for a bb upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Dunno where yet.
    The project hasn't completely firmed up yet so no specifics available..

E.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

PM me for details on how to get a wireless connection. I am between Gorey and Wexford town (in the middle of nowhere) and there is a private providor. I get 2MB up/down for 30 euro per month. the only prob is that you have to pay for installation. I would be surprised if you cannot get it as it span the whole south east region.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

azzeretti wrote:
    PM me for details on how to get a wireless connection. I am between Gorey and Wexford town (in the middle of nowhere) and there is a private providor. I get 2MB up/down for 30 euro per month. the only prob is that you have to pay for installation. I would be surprised if you cannot get it as it span the whole south east region.

2Mb/s symmetrical for €30 a month!!!!

Tell us more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

irishwan.org. You share that 2Mbit with quite a few people.

• Advertisement

yeah, i couldn't believe it either. I can't get any other connection, no telephone exchanges are enabled as I am so rural. I got connected about 3 weeks ago and since haven't had any complaints. Cancelling Eircom tomorrow as my VOIP connection is sweet :D

Blaster99 wrote:
    irishwan.org. You share that 2Mbit with quite a few people.
    No. Its not.
    24:1 contention. Multiple nodes around the southeast.

Advertisement