Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Genius Webcam - Time Screen shots?

• 12-08-2005 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I picked up a cheap Webcam and it works fine. What I'm wondering is there software that can get it to take a screenshot every 5 mins (or timed interval) and save the webcam shot to a .jpg in a directory? ie, like many online webcams do....

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I think there's a Power Toy for XP that lets you do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Actually I meant to add that I found a piece of software that does this is Stripcam (unfortunate naming there :)

"StripCam

The most basic of the three webcam software packages I worked with while researching this article is StripCam, a freeware control strip module by David Van Brink. This program offers an extremely simple interface that you can use to periodically snap and save images either to a local or networked hard disk or a server accessible via FTP."

Anyone have any particular favourites?

feylya wrote:
    I think there's a Power Toy for XP that lets you do that.

Thanks Feylya! That's exactly what I was looking forward. I'll try it out and see if it works. :)

Aaaah so close but no cigar! Installed and ran timershot. However I don't see the cam under the devices list (none found) - no device available. Maybe a reboot would help - the webcam itself is fine. It's a standard usb one.

Advertisement