Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bentley requests transfrer.

• 12-08-2005 5:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

from
    http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=79443&idSez=20

Bentley Requests Transfer From Arsenal
    8/12/2005 5:11:00 PM
    Arsenal have accepted a transfer request from their highly-rated forward David Bentley.
    The 20-year-old, who spent last season on loan at Norwich, has requested the move as he seeks regular first-team action, which he is unlikely to find at Arsenal.

"I will let him go,’’ said boss Arsene Wenger. "It’s a bit of the risk you take when you send a player out on loan and he gets the taste of what it’s like to play every week in the Premier League.

"He comes back and thinks it will not be easy to play the same number of games this season as last season. Then he comes impatient and a bit nervous about the situation.’’

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Foolish boy , Freddie coming to the end of his Arse career wait another 2 years and he be 1st choice right winger with Arsenal.

But no leave now and join Wigan!!

Good player tho.

kdjac

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Good player, don't think he'd ever get into the Arsenal team tho. Freddie is at the peak of his powers and Hleb has been signed. Pires can play there too.

I think hes one of only a few englsih players who look like they could play for Arsenal.

But not now in 2 years time by then freddie and Pires both be gone or benchwarming.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I never really liked the look of him to be honest. A bit flash but not a lot of substance.

He didnt really impress as far as I know at Norwich last year either, surely someone like Kensutz could give a better assessment of him than I, but his goals return was woeful.

I don't think Freddie will be gone in 2 years unless something drastic happens. He's just signed a new contract and is only 28(?). He contributed a load of goals from midfield last season and was probably Arsenal's 3rd best player. Bentley would have to wait quite a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

He's right to leave, the boy has talent.

Willem D wrote:
    He's right to leave, the boy has talent.

So had Jonathan Greening and many many more Englsih players who drifted off into obscurity simply because they had no patience. hes with the best proper footballing side in Europe be a fool to leave to be battling in games and not getting time and space to play top class football.

/Freddie only 27 thought he was 30 :eek:
    kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Bentley did a good job for us and he's been at Carrow Road and Colney all week. With his injury against West Ham (thanks Mark Noble) it really didn't give us a proper insight of what he could do. I think had he not picked up the injury we would've stayed up as his comeback was marked with assists to Ashton vs Newcastle and Man U. Some people think he was lazy but Nigel Worthington put him in his place so early into his loan spell, he'll be welcome back to Carrow Road anyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Will probably go to Wigan...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Won't be going to Wigan, I'm in Norwich at the moment for our 3 home games. He's been at Colney the training ground and Carrow Road for the week and also he still has a house in Norfolk village which he still lives in.

• Advertisement

Signed for Blackburn on loan till the end of season , good move for him they play some nice ffootball between rounds.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Nice move for Blackburn. He'll provide some attacking support that we badly need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

A bit flash but not a lot of substance.

my thoughts exactly. always felt his end product was poor.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=303886&CPID=8&CLID=3&lid=&title=Bentley+scathing+about+Gunners&channel=premiership
    "I like honesty and loyalty and if that is now shown in me, then I don't want to play for that club," said Bentley.

"By that, I mean it has just been made difficult for me.

"People haven't been honest with me on both the business and football side of the club.

"The only way I see myself progressing as a footballer is by moving away from Arsenal permanently.

"But I've got three years left on my contract at Highbury and they are making it difficult for me to leave because of that.

"Business is business. But my business is football and if honesty and loyalty were in the game, then everything would be fine and I would be gone now.

"Arsenal don't know what their players given away for easy money but I've only played one Premiership game for them. If you can judge a player on that, fine.

"Money and business play a big part in the game, though, and that is what is hindering my chances of getting away.

"I really wanted to crack it at Arsenal. After doing well in pre-season, I never got the chance in the first team.

"I know I'm not guaranteed anything at Blackburn.

"But at least I'll be a chance here to show what I can do. That never happened at Arsenal."
    lol, clown!

'I really wanted to crack it at Arsenal. After doing well in pre-season, I never got the chance in the first team.'

He handed in his transfer request after one game!

I think it's best he left anyway. I can't see him having any hope of dislodging the senior players, and he's probably behind Quincy for the wide positions now. He's non-existent in the second striker position. Speaking of which, Lupoli scored a hat-trick for the reserves tonight, which brings him up to 4 goals in 4 games this season. He scored 27 goals in 30 starts (+ 2 subs) at the lower levels last year, bragged a brace against Everton in the CC, and scored the winner as a sub against Ajax in the 'Dam tournament this summer. He also broke Del Piero's youth scoring record in Italy before Arsenal took him from Parma. He's building quite a reputation for himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

kaids wrote:
    Speaking of which, Lupoli scored a hat-trick for the reserves tonight, which brings him up to 4 goals in 4 games this season. He scored 27 goals in 30 starts (+ 2 subs) at the lower levels last year, bragged a brace against Everton in the CC, and scored the winner as a sub against Ajax in the 'Dam tournament this summer. He also broke Del Piero's youth scoring record in Italy before Arsenal took him from Parma. He's building quite a reputation for himself.
    Hmm, Rossi & Lupoli to become one of the most dangerous parnterships in international football one day? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

kaids - If you want the highlights of all the Arsenal reserve games go here:
    http://www.fbtz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31384

I think you have to register. Ipswich highlights should be up today.

Advertisement