Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Imagine" customers please reply

• 12-08-2005 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

There's been a lot of posts about Imagine, i.e their terms and conditions, company history etc. But is anyone actually using or have ordered one of their packages?
    More specifically the "Imagine On Demand" package (9.99 Euro pm + 2.99 router rental).

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They simply do not have ANY customers around here , if they published clear Ts & Cs on their website like they were told to when they launched then things may change in future .

BT are far far cheaper than Imagine at present.

Imagine charge 9.99 + family pack crap 2.99 + 24.20 line rental (not optional) + 2.99 modem , + excess charges over 20 hours online and thats every single month. thats over 40 a month where BT charge 25 for always on and no penalties and line rental going to 40 aftyer a few months.

Imagine have a 9 month min contract IIRC the norm is 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

If anywhere here has got an imag!ne.ie connection then they better keep their mouth shut as the backlash from owning up would be unbearable!!!

Remember though "Sponge Bob" most people dont have the slighest clue about all the different BB ISP offers and that €9.99 tag is VERY appealing for the clueless.

Honestly though imag!ne.ie customers exist....but its doubtfull that they know if boards.ie even exist!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Zuma , you are so right dude. I did qualify my remark, however, by saying that the punters would not be "around here" .

I have never EVER seen such an ignominious performance from an ISP as the day Imagine launched and the way they kept editing their T and C page as we on Boards picked hole after hole in there during the day . at one point tehy wer egoing to charge €3.50 per minute when you went over the 30 hours.

Nevertheless they still have not brought their T and Cs properly up front , such as the MANDATORY full cost line rental and calls package behind the so called 9.99 package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

kmoon wrote:
    "Imagine" customers
    Good one.

(From their "Acceptable Use Policy" page)
    imagine wrote:
    "Important Note: IMAG!NE may revise this Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") from time to time without notice by posting a new version of this document on the IMAG!NE Customer Support web site at http://www.Imagine.ie. Accordingly, subscribers should consult this document regularly to ensure that their activities conform to the most recent version."
    Yes, I'll just set your "Use Policy" as my new homepage.

Imagine Broadband "Benefits/Features":

- "You'll expect to get download speeds of up to 2 Mbps."
    Yes I will. But what will I actually get?

- "5 free email addresses (e.g. joe.bloggs@Imagine.ie)"
    I see they fixed that from @imag!ne.ie. *Awards gold star*
    (They must still have someone watching this place like a hawk.)

- "Free for a month - anti-spam and email virus protection."
    A whole month? It sells itself really.

- "Free email Customer support"
    I'm there.

You mean you don't charge for emails to your customer support? You're an inspiration to us all.

BTW, quoting a download limit in Gigabits is blatantly misleading.

Advertisement