Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunky Dory Products

• 12-08-2005 5:46pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Have to say I'm very disappointed in them. I adore the bacon fries from the pub but these just tasted a little weak. Not enough flavour on them. Also the next day my piss smelt like bacon fires all day :eek: (I kid you not). Well I'm off to the slipper to indulge in pints and bacon fires if they have them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Pissing bacon fries eh? Better than smelling of "Roses2 i guess, if ya know what I mean!!

I have to say I love the olde bacon fries myself with a pint, though ya can't beat salted peanuts!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

the daddy of bacon fries item54942.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Amen to that, brother!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Where would one go about accquiring such a delicacy?

grimloch wrote:
    Where would one go about accquiring such a delicacy?

some shops do them very few but the usual places pubs,offo's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

The scampi fries that crowd make as well are fúckin' orgasmic too! :eek: :D But the only places I think I've ever seen them in are pubs. I can't seem to recall ever seeing them on sale in shops, more's the pity. :(

The scampi fries that crowd make as well are fúckin' orgasmic too! :eek: :D But the only places I think I've ever seen them in are pubs. I can't seem to recall ever seeing them on sale in shops, more's the pity. :(

super valu in greystones co.wicklow do them :D

never found the cheese flavoured moments after all my years of searching!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

never found the cheese flavoured moments after all my years of searching!

Love Cheese Moments! Have to get my mum to send them over from the UK though :(

I think Hunky Dory Bacon Fries taste horribly chemical and not at all like bacon - don't know how anyone can eat them.

Smiths Bacon Fries and Scampi Fries all the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I always get the mammy to send me boxes of Irish crisps over to America, so i say send over a few bags of hunkey doreys. The box arrived today to find a white and green bag of "Hunky Doreys Balance" and of course they are different (also a lot less in the bag) ! Did Perri change them or do they have other bags?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

no u can still get the normal ones...actually they are one of the only semi full bags of crisps u can get nowadays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Low fat crisps :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 DaisyDuke

The Hunky Dory ones come in a bigger bag, but I couldn't finish them...they taste stale and horrible. I'd have to be pretty famished to eat them.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, Smiths make the best Bacon Fries. The HD's are terrible in comparison. I haven't had a packet of Smiths Scampi Fries in quite a long time. Distribution of Smiths stuff in general is rather poor in Ireland, it would seem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

You can get bacon and scampi fries in Esso in Shankill. I adore the scampi ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Threads merged to form one!!

LadyLotts wrote:
    You can get bacon and scampi fries in Esso in Shankill. I adore the scampi ones.

gets in car...

Advertisement