Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Overhaulin'

Options
  • 12-08-2005 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen this on Discovery Real Time? It pisses all over Pimp My ride, Chip Foose is a goddam genius. Dodgy 'setup' story, but at least it shows some actual work being done

http://www.overhaulin.com/

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It is better than Pimp My Ride but it's still a pity they need a hook like the idiotic "pranks". Just customise the damn car already.

Foose is incredible alright. You can see why Boyd gets his knickers in such a knot -- Foose has a personality, Boyd can't compete with that.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

was it Foose and Boyde that were partners ?

I think so, and then they had a major falling out. That's what the argument between Boyd and Charlie was about: Charlie wanted to take some time out to do a car for Foose, one that was up for a major award, and Boyd told him not to come back when he was done. The wife was crying an' all when Charlie was leaving, it was pathetic.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

ah I see. I must admit i prefer American Hotrod to Overhaulin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Optimus

stratos wrote:
    ah I see. I must admit i prefer American Hotrod to Overhaulin'.
    Id love to see a american hot rod style show featuring Chip instead of overhauling, i dont like the gimmick in that show. Excellent work.
    Chip is a fantastic designer too, seen a few clips where he was drawing upside down showing someone a car, as in the paper was facing away from him as he drew. Quite impressive.
    Its correct Chip and Boyd were partners, something about Boyd going bankrurt and chip owning the designs to the cars or somthing I seem to remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

The cars are just amazing, the quality of work is just unreal for 7 days, actually it would be pretty impressive for 7 years work. I dont like the way they dont show the car for a while at the end though. My personal fav is the Silver monte Carlo for that guy Rayce or maybe the Mach 1 Mustang that was done live in Vegas......... God they are all amazing

Coddington's being investigated for fraud at the moment too.

Advertisement