Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Vent+cooking odours from next door

Options
  • 12-08-2005 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello .. I desperately need some expert advice please. I live in a semi d bungalow. My kitchen is alongside my neighbours kitchen. Can anyone advise me on what type of vent I should have ? My problem is that each time my neighbours cook they might as well be in our kitchen .. I am guessing that the odours are coming in through our external vent as it's very close to theirs :confused: . I have an electric cooker with an extractor fan fitted over it. This is obviously not enough as I am choking every day. Would really appreciate any advice on what type of vent to get fitted - is it a job for a plumber or an electrician ? Has anyone else encountered this problem ? Thanks in advance ..Newfie...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

you can check and see what kind of vent cover you have on the outside wall . If it is a fixed one piece you could try fitting and flap type where the flaps will stop outside air getting in but allow inside air out .If this makes sense ask in your local hardware they should know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Newfie

Thanks for that - I think I know the one you mean, same type as for a dryer. The existing thing has no flap - it's just part of the wall, no fittings visible. Should I call in a plumber or an electrician ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

i would have thought neither it cant be too difficult to do , anybody who moderatly handy should be able to do it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

You won't get either a plumber or an electrician to do this unless you pay them a lot. It shouldn't be too hard for you to do yourself or get a friend to do.

Advertisement