Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I need Lappy Help!

• 12-08-2005 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

I am hoping to be starting in Maynooth soon doing music technology and i want to get a laptop before i go up and anyway really to do some bedroom recording and stuff.i was thinking about getting a line6 pod to help me along and a few multimedia programmes and a good sounds card.can anyone tell me what type of specs i would be looking for in buying a laptop like this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

anyone.....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

A mate recently bought a decent spec lappy from lidl in monaghan (was the closest to him so any lidl will do) for 1500...would easily do all you specified..except maybe the decent sound card bit - laptop isn't really what you want for home cinema..so i'd try one of these PCMCIA Sound Card

anyways here is the link to the spec whther lidl still have them or not is a different story..he got his last tuesday.

http://www.targa.co.uk/cms/printable.php?id=383

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

as regards the sound card, you can buy pcmcia Audigy 2zs's fairly easily.

You may want to consider a 64Bit machine. If you think of it this way, spending more money now means spending less in the future.
    Make sure you get atleast a Gig of Ram. Since graphics dont seem to be an issue then you should be able to find something with decent enough specs.

Advertisement