Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwire -> "Connect anytime, anywhere."

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

Their tariffs are listed here www.clearwire.ie/service/tariffs.html

Found as a link off this page www.clearwire.ie/service/features.html at the bottom.

Not exactly the most intuitive site to navigate around, still havent seen a mention of coverage on the site.

And while I am at it, why do these sites always show pictures of the beautiful people, doing beautiful things in beautiful places, all smiling happily at each other. How about a bit of realism, 9:15 Monday morning, hung-over, unshaven, tie at half mast, glowering at silly bint who hasn't even the courtesy of waiting till you get a cuppa into you before annoying you with some outrageously stupid request like, eh work or something.

I'd buy that product!

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 wurdley

jwt wrote:
    Their tariffs are listed here www.clearwire.ie/service/tariffs.html
    I wouldn't call that a tarriff sheet, I'd call it a Regulatory Compliance Document. :)
    And while I am at it, why do these sites always show pictures of the beautiful people, doing beautiful things in beautiful places, all smiling happily at each other.
    Hey, I can't help it if the paparazzi follow me everywhere!

Gotta love that Apache favicon though. +1 Not Stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

decbuck wrote:
    Fair enough. IrishTLR should get this referral. I am on Maynooth site. It was down for 4 days when i wanted to connect, so my "installation" was delayed. But since I was connected there has been no problem. Even brought it to my brother house other side of the town and it works fine.

Nah, debuck, it's all yours. My company pays for mine anyway :)

Yeah, their website is a load of tat at the moment but they have said that they will be updating it when they go live. Not sure if they have gone live with their service yet. As in an official launch. It was meant to be 1st September, if meory serves my right.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Chopper

Cheers guys, appreciate the info.
    I'll give them serious consideration.

Do they have minimum contract terms like 6/12 month sign up ?

How easy/difficult is it to cancel the service ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭decbuck

First month is one euro and that is a trial. If you do not cancel in that month you default into a 12 month contract.

If you do sign up maybe you can use me as a referral ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Chopper

Sure thing decbuck. PM me whatever details I need.
    Also, I may not be signing up for another month or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ian0

Hey lads, Ive been subscribing to clearwire now since november, and I have to say its the very worst provider ive ever come accross. Its down more than once a week, and regularly has 2sec+ latency! The bandwidth is fine, but the high latency means no online games etc. Also they block p2p traffic, you can overcome it by using torrents with encrypted headers, allthough you will need to download the tracker files using a different connection.

To add insult to injury, after being practically offline for 2months, the then proceeded to bill me 3 times in less than a month. I got 29.99 bill on the 5th and 25th of april, and a 49.99 bill on the 2nd of may.

Please for your own sake avoid this company, about 4 of us subscribed at the same time and all but one of us have left ( or are leaving them) at the moment. I think ill bide my time and wait for smart telecom/ ntl to get into my area...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Ah, the memories of a good clearwire service :) 3 months left in my contract. Doesn't time fly.

Advertisement