Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB 2005 So lads what ya think??

• 12-08-2005 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭

as title says...

IMO very good not the best but very entertaining. THe Last night was such an anti climax!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Was good, pity I only got into it towards the end.

Provided me with adequate entertainment for a few days at any rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

One of the worst. Tonigh, the "Final" was a huuuge let down, just like the winner.
    It just all felt so wrong.
    Hopefully BB learned that the public dont want to have boring housemates (BB 4 though it was better than this one!) or controversial wanna-be's on their TV's and will make BB7 and BB8 a hell of a lot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Yeah I felt like the wrong person one too. The again I had a bet on Eugene so I'm biased. In saying that the Makosi interview was bizarre gripping television. Anthony's an alright guy but I think he could have acepted winning a little bit more graciously especially in his comments about Eugene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Makosi showed the nation what a bitch she is [more than ever] Her interview was gripping as one of ye said probably the best out of the ones i watched this series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

I enjoyed it. Though probably not the best one ever.

Its strange though. It had the potential to be the best because there was fights every other day, a gay man falling in love with a straight man, a manipulative bitch and a BB that had a personality.

Must have been the people who let it down though. (Despite having, in my opinion, the best looking female housemate ever, Sam).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Ok,all in all, I'd give this series an 8 out of 10.

IT wasn't the best. There were way too many characters and I think they went a bit far with non-stop bitching, backstabbing and there were a few people that were very unlikable, and lasted to the end (Craig and Makosi).

IMO, I'd rank this the 3rd best out of the six, beaten by BB3(Kate was winner) in second and my fave, BB5(Nadia).

This series was good, just wasn't brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I'd rank this 2nd worst out of the 6 series to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Tying with BB4 for worst series...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

There were too many dramatasists in the house and it became tiresome to watch them all playing up to the cameras. The ending and the eventual winner were disappointing in my opinion. two of the most hated housemates , being craig and makosi, should have not made it into the final week. as well as that, i got the impression on occasion that Davina failed to confront some of the housemates on the more controversial things they did. the only one to receive such an interview was makosi, where as craig was never made to answer for what he did the night before kemal left the house, to anthony.

Anthony was the worst winner ever. all he did was sit pretty for the whole series and didnt create a hell of alot of drama. Even kingas best bits were more interesting tonight than anthony's and she was only there for two wees.

BB5 and BB3 were better. I didnt see BB2 or the first one co i cannot say.

BB4 might not have been the most entertaining series, but at least the people in it were easier to like. the only good thing about it this year is that one of the newer housemates didnt walk away empty handed. fair play to eugene for taking the fifty grand, it put some of the original housemates noses out of joint the fact that he was in the final week, from what i could tell from big brother big mouth tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I agree, last night was a total anti climax. Antknee came across as a mega twat.
    This years is slightly better then BB4, but other years have been a lot better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Yeah I'd agree pretty much with that.

I think Endemol in future should have a process of weeding out the people who are clearly only going onto the show to use it as a stepping stone for a career in front of the camera. I know these are exactly the kind of 'lively' characters the producers of BB are probably looking for (and theres nothing wrong in these wannabees using BB for there own means) but one finds these individuals are too are savvy by half wrt to the public eye and will only give ever you (the viewer) as much of themselves as they want to give. This makes for bad tv in the end and goes against the spirit of what one would presume this show was meant to be about in the first place

BTW, I always thought it was called 'Damp Squib'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

On the whole I enjoyed it, though the ending and eventual winner were a bit bland. Anthony while I supported him for the Craig thing, couldnt articulate himself very well and was too snide to Eugene about the £50k

A lot of them went into house as characters, oh I'll be the cheeky cockney, I'll be the extravagent homosexual etc.

That said, its summer, so you have to watch it really.

Makosi getting dogs abuse was absolutely brilliant!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement