Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me get phonebook off sim

• 13-08-2005 12:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

ported a number from meteor to o2 today. Phonebook is still on the meteor sim card. The pin and puk codes no longer work on the sim card. is there any way of retrieving the phonebook off it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

ffocused wrote:
    ported a number from meteor to o2 today. Phonebook is still on the meteor sim card. The pin and puk codes no longer work on the sim card. is there any way of retrieving the phonebook off it?

You need the PIN to access the card, if you have the PUK why does it not work?

Perhaps try Meteor customer support, once you have access to SIM you can copy to phone and then from phone to new SIM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

You either need to use a sim card reader(they are cheap enough), or else goto a place without meteor coverage, the security thing shuts down the sim card when it trys to register to the network it tells it it isnt valid anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

i looked at some card readers, but they seem to need the pin deactivated on a phone beforehand. i have found out today that most of the numbers are in the old phone. (it belongs to my wife). i am going to borrow a meteor sim card and transfer from the phone to that sim. from sim to an unlocked phone. from unlocked phone to o2 sim, and finally onto her new phone. hopefully it will work.

Advertisement