Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best beer ever tasted?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Heineken... by a longshot!!

Mmm-mm. good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Chris P Duck

In the winter a nice cold pint of guinness goes down a dream.

Ice cold bottles of miller or cans of bavaria when im drinking at home.

One of the nicest pints ive ever had was out in Portugal. The local beer called sagres. Just couldnt get enough of it . As homer said once......"Its like theres a party in my mouth and everybody is invited"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

cans of bavaria when im drinking at home.
    Bavaria?!That's like so much worse than dutch mould, and thats baad!
    One of the nicest pints ive ever had was out in Portugal. The local beer called sagres. Just couldnt get enough of it . As homer said once......"Its like theres a party in my mouth and everybody is invited"

I've been to Portugal quite a bit, and i'll totally agree with that, its such an amazing beer. I got in the Algarve, I think...
    However, was in a place in Austria called Zell am See, and the local beer there was incredible, so strong but it tasted great...wish i could remember the name now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Real beer IS strong. It all goes back to monks brewing it up, they'd keep the good stuff for themselves and flog the weak 4/5% runoff to the peasants.

So once again, it's all the fault of organised religion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

The real Stella (the stuff brewed in Belgium, not in Luton) can't be beat as far as I'm concerned. The Porter House is the only place I've seen it recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Something like Westmalle Tripel is a great beer. But unfortunately I have a tendency to forget the names of my favourite beers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Chris P Duck

rb_ie wrote:
    Bavaria?!That's like so much worse than dutch mould, and thats baad!

There is no way you can compare dutch mould with bavaria. I know it is a cheap beer, but it tastes alot better. Its starting to become very popular. Lots of pubs are starting to serve it on draught and bottled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Karlovacko
    Croatia
    ABV 5.2%

Oh yes oh yes oh yes Oh my sweet beeeeeeer
    Seriously, anyone who truly loves beer will melt when drink this 'perfect' beer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

There's a heather ale you can get in Scotland which would rate pretty highly in my book.

jc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Lowenbrau blond in the horrific light blue can. Lovely stuff, was in germany for the beer fest, turns out lowenbrau is like guinness over there, had the biggest tent and all the shops had it, becks was like a cheap piss there, cheap and not kept in fridges, like dutch gold here. It used to be in tescos cheap about 10 years back, people thought it was crap because it was cheap and in a nasty can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Definately Heineken, I know a lot of people think its **** but I'd live on the stuff if I could. Also been drinking Satzenbrau lately, its a strong lager (being a pils) and not bad either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I found the Heineken I consumed in holland to be a much more enjoyable drink than back here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There is no way you can compare dutch mould with bavaria. I know it is a cheap beer, but it tastes alot better. Its starting to become very popular. Lots of pubs are starting to serve it on draught and bottled
    Yep, there's nowt wrong with Bavaria ... a well known and respected Dutch brewery, which has been around since 1719 in a small town called Lieshout in the south of the Netherlands. It's sold in lots of pubs in that part of the world. It's only snobbery that's keeping the price down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Yeah i've heard the ad's and im still no more convinced.I've tried it, hated it, so just giving my 2 cents.
    If ya like it ya like it, to each his own and whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

silas wrote:
    Definately Heineken, I know a lot of people think its **** but I'd live on the stuff if I could. Also been drinking Satzenbrau lately, its a strong lager (being a pils) and not bad either.

There's some water in the container that holds my toilet brush, I think you'll find that suits your palate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Blanche, Belgian beer. Hmmmm.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,323 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

bonkey wrote:
    There's a heather ale you can get in Scotland which would rate pretty highly in my book.

jc

Ever have a go of this stuff?

It's the only beer I've ever encountered that's made without yeast. It has a taste that can only be described as rather unique. Not bad, in its own way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Warsteiner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Beerlao from Laos or Hoegarden from Belgium do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

zaph wrote:
    Gambrinus, a pilsner that I had in Prague some years ago. Nothing has ever topped that, although I am partial to another Czech beer, Staropramen.

Staropramen is sweet. But its another Czech beer that wins me over. Budvar. Deeelish. Anheuser Busch tried robbing their brewing methods yonks ago and theres been a simmering legal war since.

Also as someone else mentioned Lowenbrau from Munich is excellent. Any of those three wipe the floor with the muck we are forced to drink from taps here on a regular basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

For a hot summer's day and a barbeque, ya can't beat a glass of Bulmers with ice, but normally, if I can get it, I go with Erdinger. Hard enough to get a hold of in Limerick though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

*NEWSFLASH* Bulmers is not beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

zaph wrote:
    Ever have a go of this stuff?

It's the only beer I've ever encountered that's made without yeast. It has a taste that can only be described as rather unique. Not bad, in its own way.

Yeah...had it alright. I prefer the Heather Ale though (listed on that site).
    The Black Cuillin from Skye Brewery is also a staple drink of mine when I'm in that part of the world. Fabulous stuff.

And damn you for pointing me at a site that only delivers to the UK. Damn you I say.

<grovel>
    Don't suppose anyone knows of an online shop where I can order this type of stuff for delivery to foreign parts....i.e. Switzerland
    </grovel>

jc

Advertisement