Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Profimail on 6680 Vodafone

• 13-08-2005 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

this app looks the business. trying to log into my gmail account. but im getting Error! Failed To Connect. when i try log into my account..

just woundering if its vodafone blocking me or iv made a boo boo.

im a ready to go user. so i think this is a factor??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

I have profimail and it didnt work at all on my 6630.IS it the latest version.Check the version normaly a newer version fixs the bugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

i fink i got the newest mate v 2.24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Ull probaly need the email settings then if you dont have them.Go onto Nokia And get the Email settings sent straight to your phone for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

iv tried it mate, iv got all the gmail settings & i have also enabled pop access on my gmail a/c..

i reckon its vodafone blocking it. hopefully i am wrong. just need to know if a ny rtg users can access there email a/c's via profimail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Vodafone isn't blocking it - I have a 6630 with Profimail and it works fine on Vodafone. Can you access mail with the standard mail client on the 6680? Try this first and then only when it works go to Profimail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

im a ready to go user. so i think this is a factor??

last time I checked (recently) Vodafone still don't provide an Internet Access Point for pre-pay customers, only for post-pay customers - best call them and check what the current situation is, asking if you can be set-up (provisioned) for isp.vodafone.ie or office.vodafone.ie connectivity as a RTG user

an Intenet Access Point is required for direct POP/IMAP/SMTP connectivity (rather than a WAP Access Point).

both O2 and Meteor currently provide an Internet Access Point to their pre-pay and post-pay customers

Advertisement