Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 Satellite Broadband?

• 13-08-2005 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm currently outside the area for broadband through phoneline/cable providers like Eircom, Smart, BT etc.

I was looking at signing up with E3 satellite BB as the 1mb for €69.99 is about the cheapest I've seen for a satellite BB service. Since I need to use my phoneline for upload, I was wondering a few things, if anyone can help me out:

1) Is it possible to use a Voip service like Blueface for the upload, or is that a totally ridiculous concept? :)

2) Assuming I must use a phoneline, is Eircom the cheapest place to rent a line solely to use for the upload, or can I get some sort of line that isn't for voice calls but is only for BB upload?

3) Does anyone have any personal experience with E3 BB i.e service reliability & customer support?

Thanks in advance, I'm so sick of dialup and lack of other BB options!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Robert

Hi If you want one way Satellite broadband get it from AVCbroadband they are in the uk. E3 acutally buy there 1 way packages From AVC and mark it up
    The AVCboradband price is £37.99 per month with no cap = to €56.

I have there 768 package and find it great I get download speeds of around 100KB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

i get a 1mb service from Euroskynet for €16.90 a month with 1000mb download allowance included. You can also get a €6.90 but you have to pay separatly for each MB and it's 1.5cents each so i chose the €6.90 first but i since updated to the the skydsl classic 2 package for €16.90 a month. If you need any help/advise i will give it. But i'm currently on holidays in NYC and i'm currently enjoying the 4mbps on the Time Warner cable system in my cousin's place. 4mbps WOW "drools" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

yea i have digiweb and am payin 100 a month for 512 down and 128 up
    what would you recommend , and is there any chance that euroskynet doesnt require a phoneline??? noob:)

Advertisement