Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do gay men choose men who look like themselves as long-term partners?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Do gay men choose men who look like themselves as long-term partners?
    I do generally tend to go for guys who'd be in the same age / height / physical build bracket alright. But in saying that my current partner is completely different. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

God no. That'd be that fukn boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Eh NO! That's a huge turn off. I've been told I've a really cutesy boyish look, typical twink! And it's really not the look I go for. I prefer someone slightly older and with a slightly bigger build than me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

damien.m wrote:
    God no. That'd be that fukn boring.

I wouldn't go for someone that looked like you either (;) hugs and kisses), I don't know, I don't think I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭tonyinuae

rsynnott wrote:
    I certainly don't. That said, I'm ugly enough that I'd be a bit crazy to.

Relax - all you need is a good photographer - they can work wonders! :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Rob you're not ugly, that's a ****e photograph which is far too close to your face. But you're not ugly.

I think there actually are a few people who do go for the same look - remember clones?
    But I know a lot of guys who go for a very different look from themselves, and who would even be horrified to look like their 'type' - for example someone who likes 'bears' doesnt necessarily want to look like one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Rob, enough of the melodrama and this "I'm ugly" crap. It's quite obsessive and annoying at this stage. We'll have you banned if you keep this up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭fortysixand2

Charming Damien, simply charming :rolleyes:

Myself, the most attractive physical ideals to me are facial hair (and perhaps more than a bit on the chest too ;)), broad shoulders, tall . . . basically I guess your stereotypical external maifestations of way too much testosterone and other such hormones :rolleyes: Actually, just thinking about it, I DO have the hairy part(s) ;) down pat. Guess I should work on the muscles and then I can just sit at home all day and stare in the mirror.

Wait, no, that won't work - hmmmm :p

Trust me, that won't work! ;-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement