Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nas Pays Neptunes $2 Mil for Beat

• 13-08-2005 7:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

I know superstar producers The Neptunes have a Midas touch, but this is ridiculous. Apparently the duo have created a beat so sick that it incited a bidding war among MCs drooling to flow over it:
    A number of artists were reported to be in competition for the beat, including Sean 'P Diddy' Combs..

It's so groundbreaking, rap veteran Busta Rhymes is convinced it will make hip hip history.

He says,"Those drums man. Those drums are fire! If Nas is gonna rap to this beat, it's going to be over. This will be the biggest hit in the history of hip hop."

The beat eventually went to Nas for $2 million. It slices! It dices!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

blimey! :eek:
    i think that $2m will easily be covered by the publicity this is generating.
    gonna have to check it out myself (as disinterested as i am with Nas)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

yea, it was descussed already here, im still unsure about it, even though there are so many reports about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

This is old news and as discussed before not very likly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

If it is true, i think that goes against everything Nas and his fans stand for. He is known as a rapper with quality lyrics without being too commercial but this just goes to show he is a sell-out trying to make as much money as all Mc's try to do...which i don't have a problem with but for him and what his fans believe, it is just hypocritical...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

It could be true nas has as they say "sold out" many times in the past, hate me now and oochie wally and prime examples. On the grounds that its more money than he probably would make on the sales of the album it cant be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

cant wait to hear this :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

how on earth is paying $2000000 for a beat selling out???

if its good enough that it seeemed worth it then fair enough, the neptunes may be big, but they're clever as well... god knows they've done some of the more interesting and well produced beats of the last couple of years...

just cause the rhythm is expensive, doesnt mean he cant still write a decent and true verse to go with it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Is this really true, has anyone got a source on it? I browse hip hop sites every day and never heard this. Neptunes beats are crazy though, they were starting to sound a little formulaic a few years ago but theyve been mad original since Drop It. "Grindin'" is still their best beat I think though. Anyways Nas never really sold out, Hate Me Now and If I Ruled the World are as pop he went and they're classics, he never talked about a candy shop!

Advertisement