Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brain Wave Recognition

• 15-04-1999 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

I only heard this so it might not be true ok?

Apparently there is a new technology a bit like voice recognition only it recognises brainwaves instead.

In other words you sit at your screen, slap a few electrode thingies onto your noggin, and whatever you think comes up on the screen!

Just imagine a game of Quake with one of those things!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Hmm well heard something on Tomorrows World ages ago about it being used by severely paralised people to type with brainwaves like. Doubt it'd be available to play games with for ages smile.gif and its probably be unaccurate as hell

Kegs

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

As far as I know the technology is begin developed in Australia at the moment for use with paralysed people. Last I heard (about a year ago) they had it developed so a guy could move a pointer on a screen, but I think it could only pick up his brainwaves (I could be wrong about that part).

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

apparently Disney came up with something similar last year ...
    simple controls of a screen object by using brain wave patterns.. really excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

It'd be a deadly thing to accompany games like Quake, ie maybe to trigger team messages and stuff.... other then that cant see any application for it...

Kegs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Karla

Yeah, paralysed people would really benefit from that, but imagine the sort of stuff your brain would chuck out when you're dreaming!

I, for one would love to hook myself up to one of those things and fall asleep, maybe to some paint application or something.

Of course Quake would be the ultimate wouldn't it?

Karla

• Advertisement
Advertisement